Did you mean: 

April- Wells Fargo Gradaution Month

tag
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Re: April- Wells Fargo Gradaution Month

@cashnocredit wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

well, disappointing news for my WF secured. Called earlier today and they were able to tell me that my card didnt qualify for graduation this month. Im so bummed, and whats even worse i just went and applied for the unsecured card and go the "pending" application message. They pulle EQ (which is at 705 right now). No collections reporting there. Just 2 chargeoffs from 2007. Now i did put my income in and additional income coming in from being a part time business owner this year (opened the business account through WF also.  I will actually be very depressed if end up getting denied for the WF card. I dont know, i guess i thought i had a good chance of getting instantly approved. Oh well...let me refresh by gardening date...

FWIW, WF didn't unsecure me for 18 months. I had been a bank customer for 30 years with a clear banking record. EQ FICO was up to 707 at the time they unsecured me.

that could be true...i guess i just didnt want to have no more secured cards on my file...was hoping to get approved for the unsecured one and then close the secured one...but i guess i will have to wait till October then.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 11 of 40
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 12 of 40
enharu
Super Contributor

best of luck with the app!

you can try talk to a banker in the branch to see if it helps. I wasn't instantly approved either but an approval decision came pretty quickly because I remember I got the card pretty quick (less than 2 weeks i think).

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 13 of 40
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:

best of luck with the app!

you can try talk to a banker in the branch to see if it helps. I wasn't instantly approved either but an approval decision came pretty quickly because I remember I got the card pretty quick (less than 2 weeks i think).

thanks enharu! Im actually going to call later to check the application status. I also noticed that i was SP on EX by Wells Fargo Card Services the same day i submittied the application. Now they will know of my 4 recent inquries from AMEX, BofA and Citi. For some reason if they are doing a manual review through UW then i dont thnk i have a good chance of getting approved. Oh well, like i said before, i got in with some good banks so will just garden for at least 6 months.

Message 14 of 40
enharu
Super Contributor

You can try going into a branch and have a banker call underwriting. I think it's going to be a lot better than u talking to underwriting because your banker will try to sway odds in your favor as much as possible to retain you as a client. Hopefully that helps.

So they did a SP for u and no HP right?
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 15 of 40
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:
You can try going into a branch and have a banker call underwriting. I think it's going to be a lot better than u talking to underwriting because your banker will try to sway odds in your favor as much as possible to retain you as a client. Hopefully that helps.

So they did a SP for u and no HP right?

they did a HP on EQ and SP on EX, Wells Fargo pulls EQ here in NV for credit card approvals. They do the AR on EX.

Message 16 of 40
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

well just called the application status number and it still says app is under review...I think i am going to a branch tomorrow and talk to a banker and find out.

Message 17 of 40
enharu
Super Contributor

best of luck!

Message 18 of 40
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:

best of luck!

thanks buddy! have you heard any news on the US Bank application?

Message 19 of 40
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Update:

So i called the application status and said i had been declined! I almost went to the branch and closed my accounts with them but called them to know the reason and nice lady told me it was declined because i "had reached maximum credit limit on the card"...so i was like huh? I told her that i have a secured card and was told i could apply for the unsecured one so she placed me on hold and told me she was going to resubmit the application to a senior UW. I asked that it will not be another HP right? she said yeah it just needs to go to one of her supervisor and they will let me know in 2-3 days. She did say that if my application was approved would i authorize them to close my secured card and i said yes so i guess we will find out next week...there is still hope! Kind of a bizzare situation if you ask me...

Message 20 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.