Established Contributor
Uncle_Money

Are 7 Inquiries Too Much For Amex Approval?

Hey Folks,

I'm getting ready to apply for Amex in September. By that time, I will have 7 "counting" inquiries on my EX report.  Is this still too many to get an Amex approval? I've been turned down once before, partly due to "too many recent inquiries."  In September, my last credit app will have been a little over 3 months ago.  Let me know what you guys think.  This form continues to amaze me!
Equifax Fico 785 as of 01/18/2012
Moderator Emeritus
cheddar

Re: Are 7 Inquiries Too Much For Amex Approval?

Uncle_Money wrote:
Hey Folks,

I'm getting ready to apply for Amex in September. By that time, I will have 7 "counting" inquiries on my EX report.  Is this still too many to get an Amex approval? I've been turned down once before, partly due to "too many recent inquiries."  In September, my last credit app will have been a little over 3 months ago.  Let me know what you guys think.  This form continues to amaze me!

Amex has recently become more inquiry-sensitive than they used to be.  I have seen Amex approvals for people reporting dozens of inquiries, but recently they have been denying CLIs for people with only 1-2 inquiries in the last six months.

If you can wait three more months until your most recent inquiry is more than six months old, I'd say your chances would go up considerably.  As always, though, YMMV.

----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )
Established Member
creditohio

i think i had about 6 or 7 when i first got my blue. i then got a gold charge and because of new car purchase i had around 10 then.  good luck. i think some of the inquires depend on the what the purpose was.
good luck. personally i think amex is great
chris4434

I was recently approved for a Blue Sky with 9 inquiries on my EX report.
Established Contributor
unknown_entity

I got the Delts SM in April with 57 inquiries....:smileytongue:
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Regular Contributor
Justn

unknown_entity wrote:
I got the Delts SM in April with 57 inquiries....:smileytongue:

:smileysurprised: On 1 report or all 3?

Starting Score: 702
Current Score: 728
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
unknown_entity

Just on one report.....lol.
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}