cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are BofA CC's any good ? how are they on limits ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Are BofA CC's any good ? how are they on limits ?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I opened a checking account with them since its only a SP and was thinking about getting one of their CC's in a few months .

If you are saying BoA does a SP for a credit card if you have a checking account with them, I can assure you that is not true. They HP for pretty much anything imaginable. 

That said, they are pretty generous. My first credit card was a BoA, and so was my second for that matter. One the first one i went from 1k to 2k when I asked (probably should have asked for more, but oh well..). On my second card I started with 1k, then moved to 2.5k after a month, then about a year later i went from 2.5k to 12k. Yes all CLIs require a HP but in my opinion 2.5k to 12k is worth it. 

Their rewards are meh. Except for the Travel Rewards. I see this as a pretty competitive product: if you have a checking account it is a 1.65% flat cashback if you redeem for "travel". It is also a no AF card with an EMV Chip and no FTF. The rewards get significantly better if you have a lot of money deposited with BoA or Merril through the preferred rewards program. 

And +1 to the cashback program, they always have Papa Johns. 

EDIT: Also if you don't spend a lot get a Better Balance Rewards. It's basically a free $120 per year

I had the 1-2-3, it's nothing special if you don't use it for gasoline. I pc to the Travel Rewards and it's my non category spending card. 

I pretty much second this post. I have 2 cards with BoA, the Travel Rewards card and the Better Balance Rewards card. Haven't received my BBR card, but I'm very happy with my new Travel rewards card. Hopefully I can stuff some more cash into my accounts and get bumped up to the platinum tier 2.25% back on everything soon Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 23
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

I'd stay away from any cards that affiliated with stores.  I have the Bass Pro Shop C.C..   The only cli I have gotten is when I requested one and it is a HP.  The rewards aren't very good either.  It was just a card that I wanted.

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

^I think you may have the wrong thread...
Message 13 of 23
Booboo71
Established Contributor

I started with a secured BOA cash rewards in March 2013. In Feb 2013 they graduated me, refunded me and bumped me to 5K. So I would say yes!

Message 14 of 23
Booboo71
Established Contributor

Typo Feb 2014

Message 15 of 23
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

Nope,  The Bass Pro Shop cards are a  BOA credit cards.

Message 16 of 23
bada_bing
Frequent Contributor

BoA issues and services the Alaska Airlines visa. I've had an AlaskaAir visa as

my only BoA card for a long time.  I fly Alaska alot and their visa card is very useful

for my spending pattern. I use it as my non-category card as well as for Alaska Airlines

ticket purchases.

BoA is a  mediocre issuing bank in my experience. The positives are they have

branches just about everywhere I frequent. Their website is good, bordering on great.

They are generous with CL when times are good. When times are not so good, they will

CLD accounts for no reason other than their own financial trouble. I seldom use CSR's,

but I would rate BoA's as mediocre. The people I've interacted with were capable, but

not very friendly nor overly understanding in dealing with issues caused entirely by the bank.

Their CSRs could definitely take some charm lessons from Barclays or USAA. BoA also has

an inconvenient habit of changing account nymbers and reissuing cards for "security

breaches" on their end far more than any other issuer I deal with.

Overall I'd give them a 5 out of 10 rating. They are worth dealing with if one of their offerings

is a particularly good fit for your spend, otherwise there are less aggravating banks to deal with.

+ 850 FICO8 since 2015, Thanks MyFICO - 5+ years since last HP
Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Out of all the BoA cards I think AAA member rewards card is the best
and its one of the best card out on the market
3% cash back on Travel
2% cash back on gas, grocery and drug store purchases
all this with no earning cap

Message 18 of 23
Himo
Valued Member

I love bofa , my secured card started at $300 , two years later got it to $15000 . It's my oldest card .
Message 19 of 23
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Love BofA. Got approved for 5K last April. CLI to 15K in July.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.