cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Credit Card APR% only related to FICO scores??

tag
MidnightJester
Frequent Contributor

Are Credit Card APR% only related to FICO scores??

Are the offers on our Credit Card APR% with each card or bank only related to what scores they pull from the CRA?? During both inital application process??and futher APR% reductions when asked by Credit card account holder??

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Are Credit Card APR% only related to FICO scores??

@MidnightJester wrote:

Are the offers on our Credit Card APR% with each card or bank only related to what scores they pull from the CRA?? During both inital application process??and futher APR% reductions when asked by Credit card account holder??

No, it's the same mix of varied underwriting criteria that's used to sort people into various tranches in the application process.  

A FICO score no matter how important is just one small piece of the entire decision tree.

        
Message 2 of 5
NikoD
Regular Contributor

Barclays gave me their highest APR (22.99%) when I got my Sallie Mae card recently. My TU 08 is 828. So no, FICO isn't everything. In my case, even though I have an excellent score with a long credit history and no baddies; Barclays didn't like that I only had 2 other open TLs (even though both had been open since the 1990s). BTW, YMMV Amex gave me their best terms even though the profile was exactly the same.

Message 3 of 5
watch44
Frequent Contributor

I keep reading that Barclay's starts people at the highest APR regardless of score, kind of like CapitalOne...? Makes sense tho if you believe their auto-CLI algorithms favor balance carrying.
  (Hover over pics for details) 
FICO:  TU 731 (05/14/14)   EX 749 (04/24/14)   EQ 684 (02/05/14)   Goal 700
FAKO:  TU 761 (05/20/14)   EX 761 (05/20/14)   EQ 743 (05/20/14)
Message 4 of 5
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@watch44 wrote:
I keep reading that Barclay's starts people at the highest APR regardless of score, kind of like CapitalOne...? Makes sense tho if you believe their auto-CLI algorithms favor balance carrying.

Not the case for me. I got the Arrival with 14.99% in November. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.