cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Penfed Pre-qualified Offers a soft pull?

tag
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Are Penfed Pre-qualified Offers a soft pull?

I've never received prequalified offers in the 3 years I've been a member of Penfed until today. Changing their system to FICO 9 must have pulled me out of the bad credit bucket. lol

I don't intend to app for anything with them. I'm just curious if its a HP or SP? I noticed you could change the asking amount and also check a box that you'll allow them to pull your credit. I thought I read in the forums that this would be a SP? Maybe a SP if you accept the original offer?

Are they still allowing folks to reallocate credit between cards? It's been a while since I goofed around with them concerning CCs. Thanks for any advice.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Are Penfed Pre-qualified Offers a soft pull?

@Gmood1 wrote:

I've never received prequalified offers in the 3 years I've been a member of Penfed until today. Changing their system to FICO 9 must have pulled me out of the bad credit bucket. lol

I don't intend to app for anything with them. I'm just curious if its a HP or SP? I noticed you could change the asking amount and also check a box that you'll allow them to pull your credit. I thought I read in the forums that this would be a SP? Maybe a SP if you accept the original offer?

Are they still allowing folks to reallocate credit between cards? It's been a while since I goofed around with them concerning CCs. Thanks for any advice.

Yes the prequalified offers are SPs if you accept them as is.  If you ask for more, it will be an HP.

Not sure about the credit reallocation as I've never tried that.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Offers are SP.....I never get them bc I joined dirty. 

Message 3 of 14
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

Yes the prequalified offers are SPs if you accept them as is.  If you ask for more, it will be an HP.

Not sure aboutt he credit reallocation as I've never tried that.

Thanks for the info. I guess I could just call and ask.

Message 4 of 14
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Justagirl73 wrote:

Offers are SP.....I never get them bc I joined dirty. 

Thanks! You will eventually. I was dirty when I joined.

Message 5 of 14
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Dirty?

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 6 of 14
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Meanmchine wrote:

Dirty?

CRs have negative accounts reporting.

Message 7 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Im dirty filthy just paying my penance in the garden working in the pool area with my hoesSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Oh and congrats on getting preapprovals GMoodSmiley Wink
Message 9 of 14
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Oh and congrats on getting preapprovals GMoodSmiley Wink

Thanks my friend! If didn't already have the USAA Limitless. I'd grab that 2% cash back card from Penfed. The Limitless makes the other general spend CB cards nearly obsolete! 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.