cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are We Ready to Throw In the Ritz Towel Yet?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are We Ready to Throw In the Ritz Towel Yet?

Anyone else ready to admit defeat and assume it's not coming this season?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Are We Ready to Throw In the Ritz Towel Yet?

At this time I highly doubt you will see the 140k offer before the end of the year as most people are off for the rest of the year for the most part..  It could come January or February, but I would be 99% it won't be this year.. If it ever comes back again.  Guessing alot of people abused it took the offer, lowered their CL to avoid AF then transferred limits and closed card.   All speculation why it isn't back though.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

At this time I highly doubt you will see the 140k offer before the end of the year as most people are off for the rest of the year for the most part..  It could come January or February, but I would be 99% it won't be this year.. If it ever comes back again.  Guessing alot of people abused it took the offer, lowered their CL to avoid AF then transferred limits and closed card.   All speculation why it isn't back though.

I'm sure you're right about the churning.  I can tell you, if I get it I won't hold on to it for more than a year.  Not while I have the Prestige.  I would take advantage of the 140k points, the airline credit, and then use it as a paper weight.

Message 3 of 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Two nights and 600 in airline credit along with gold status for year and club level upgrades might still make it worth your while?  

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Two nights and 600 in airline credit along with gold status for year and club level upgrades might still make it worth your while?  

I never stay at Ritz and barely fly, so not really.  I fly enough to make the double dip I got with Prestige for the first year, trying to decide if it will be worth it for another year.  Also depends how much I will golf this year.

Message 5 of 6
elim
Senior Contributor

January would be ok.   I have a couple 30 day old accounts that could age a bit.   This card will be a keeper for me.  

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.