Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are You Kidding Me US Bank

tag
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

Are You Kidding Me US Bank

Had an account closed in 2008.  It was not being reported on my TU CR.

Today the account shows up on TU as a closed account (true) but the date of last activity reported was May 2011 (not true).

From under what rock did they pull this incorrect data from? 

Shows you how out of control this Credit Reporting process is. 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Are You Kidding Me US Bank

@Scuba wrote:

Had an account closed in 2008.  It was not being reported on my TU CR.

Today the account shows up on TU as a closed account (true) but the date of last activity reported was May 2011 (not true).

From under what rock did they pull this incorrect data from? 

Shows you how out of control this Credit Reporting process is. 

If the account says 'Paid as Agreed' and 'Closed by consumer's request' you have nothing to worry about.    Paid, Closed, Never late is a good account. 

Message 2 of 16
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

If indeed the account was never late and always paid as agreed, then the activity date of 2011 works out in your favor: It'll stay on your reports till 2021 and will report good history and help you with AAoA.

Message 3 of 16
android01
Valued Contributor

The same thing happened to me, and I noticed it when I pulled TU last night.  I closed a US Bank CC in November of 2007.  There were never any baddies on it, but I'm curious as to why it just showed up.  It's not on EX or EQ.  I'm also wondering why is hasn't showed up on all three reports as a closed account all along.  It's status is UNRATED with a date of last activity of June 2011.  Although it was closed in 2007, there is one year worth of "OK" boxes checked dating back to June 2010.  I don;t get it!  

Does anyone know about the "UNRATED" status comment, and how that may or may not affect anything?

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

To the OP, DI and wollepopolle are correct, it should work out in your favor, helping with AAoA and Payment History.

@ android01, I personally have no idea what "Unrated" means, I'm looking forward to a member to chime in and explain.

Message 5 of 16
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

You are right, I forgot to mention that point, it was marked as "Unrated".

As to the AAOA, it was early in the morning when I was on-line and how this old account reporting again in 2011 could help me.

I must be old, tired or both Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 16
DI
Super Contributor

@Scuba wrote:

You are right, I forgot to mention that point, it was marked as "Unrated".

As to the AAOA, it was early in the morning when I was on-line and how this old account reporting again in 2011 could help me.

I must be old, tired or both Smiley Very Happy

Unrated simply means they haven't  marked your current status as being Paid as Agreed.  The term unrated is  seen on 3rd parties credit reports.   That too, is nothing to worry about. 

Message 7 of 16
android01
Valued Contributor

Well, I don't mind the account showing up, it added a 17 year old account to AAoA.  If it's going to stay on my TU, it would be nice if it showed up on EX and EQ as well.  I still don't understand why it wasn't reporting as closed on all CR's in the first place, or why it showed up now.  

So, if it stays on my TU, does the 10 year period it reports be reset to a start date of 2011, or will it if fall off based on the date I closed it in 2007? Smiley Indifferent

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 8 of 16
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

I have an old WAMU account that dates back to 1998 that I closed in 2002.  It is reported as "unrated" on TU only.  I am assuming it will drop in 2012. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@android01 wrote:

Well, I don't mind the account showing up, it added a 17 year old account to AAoA.  If it's going to stay on my TU, it would be nice if it showed up on EX and EQ as well.  I still don't understand why it wasn't reporting as closed on all CR's in the first place, or why it showed up now.  

So, if it stays on my TU, does the 10 year period it reports be reset to a start date of 2011, or will it if fall off based on the date I closed it in 2007? Smiley Indifferent

If it shows last activity of 2011 it should stay on your reports 10 years from then, YMMV tho.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.