cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are any store cards better than others???

tag
msheresy
Regular Contributor

Are any store cards better than others???

I have no store cards and it seems that what I've read on here, that it is recommended to have one.  Are there any cards that are better than others or is it really just personal prefrence to where you shop?  Are some easier to get than others?  I've only ever applied for one store card and it was a HSBC Saks Fifth Ave MC and I was denied.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Are any store cards better than others???

Get a bow and arrow and try to shoot at Target.

I have a RED store card.  200 dollar limit.  I havent used it since Feb which is probably why it is stuck at its current limit.  I got it primarily to for the credit mix.

Message Edited by landocalrissian on 06-05-2008 11:24 AM
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like Macys and my Target card...

Macys>good coupons
Target>you get points for every dollar you spend, then get a 10% coupon
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Buy is good if you like electronics Smiley Very Happy - got a 500 limit with a 550 FICO last year
Message 4 of 6
Express
Frequent Contributor

@msheresy wrote:
I have no store cards and it seems that what I've read on here, that it is recommended to have one.  Are there any cards that are better than others or is it really just personal prefrence to where you shop?  Are some easier to get than others?  I've only ever applied for one store card and it was a HSBC Saks Fifth Ave MC and I was denied.

If your credit is in good shape, try any GE Capital Card ie walmart/ lowes and so on they give nice CLI

CL $408,200
Message 5 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.