cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are credit cards required to report zero balance to CRAs?

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Are credit cards required to report zero balance to CRAs?

@Shogun wrote:

Mine hasn't updated in a couple of months, it should be $0, but still showing $649 balance.  It also hasn't updated my new CL.

Discover has a quirk in their system, it will be 2 statement cycles to update to the CRAs when you get a CLI.

Message 11 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@ecxpa wrote:

file a dispute to get them to report a zero balance.......I have done this several times on various lenders......you generally get a pretty quick response on your credit report

This is a risky proposition it sometimes leads to dispute comments being reported as already stated and outright deletion of the good TL. It would be better to phone the creditor and ask that they update the balance, most will do it as long as you do not abuse it.

Message 12 of 13
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@ecxpa wrote:

file a dispute to get them to report a zero balance.......I have done this several times on various lenders......you generally get a pretty quick response on your credit report

This is a risky proposition it sometimes leads to dispute comments being reported as already stated and outright deletion of the good TL. It would be better to phone the creditor and ask that they update the balance, most will do it as long as you do not abuse it.

Thanks for the word of caution gdale6.

I'll keep pushing the CU for a bit. 

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.