cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are multiple Chase Freedoms possible?!

tag
KLGFCG
New Contributor

Re: Are multiple Chase Freedoms possible?!

Try contacting them via the secure e-mail system on your Chase account page. My family members are 2 for 2 asking for Chase to match the latest (and highest) bonus offer. Details in my post here: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Chase-is-AWESOME/td-p/1065660 

Message 11 of 20
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@KLGFCG wrote:

Try contacting them via the secure e-mail system on your Chase account page. My family members are 2 for 2 asking for Chase to match the latest (and highest) bonus offer. Details in my post here: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Chase-is-AWESOME/td-p/1065660

I'll give it a shot but I really don't expect any results. I've been emailing them about an erroneous inquiry that I did not authorize 5 days after approval. It's been almost a month with no resolution. I knew jumping back into bed with Chase was going to reinforce my already poor opinion of them, this is another reason.
Message 12 of 20
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Oh wow, I could have sworn you could have more than one Freedom card.  Oh well.  Why would getting a preapproval, after you already have the card, give you a poor opinion of them?  It just seems like it overlapped is all.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 13 of 20
MrShush
Valued Contributor

It's not the offer, rather the overall experience with Chase. They burned me before on a Soutwest Visa, they are doing it with another inquiry (I'm getting the brush off when addressing it). I'm not upset over missing out on the extra money at all.

Message 14 of 20
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Re: Are multiple Chase Freedoms possible?! UPDATE

So I took one more shot and sent them a message via online banking and I got a quick response--they gave me the extra 5000 points!!! Yes, I got the $300 cash back bonus!!!!!!!!!!! Now, I'm a little impressed!

Message 15 of 20
snowangel
Frequent Contributor

I only got the $200 .  Maybe I should give it a try!  

Did you get this offer in the mail?

EQ: 662 | TU: 682 | EX Plus: 764
SL baddies fall off between Jan '13 - Oct '14
Message 16 of 20
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@snowangel wrote:

I only got the $200 .  Maybe I should give it a try!  

Did you get this offer in the mail?

I originally recieved the $250 offer but last week I got one for $300. I called and asked if I could get the bump and the rep said no. I was in a mood on Saturday so I sent an email and about an hour later I got the credit for the extra $50. It was targeted so unless you got something in the mail, I'm not sure it'll work.

Message 17 of 20
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@CreditMuppet wrote:

No, I`m not sure, but I have seen others who claim they have been sucessfull recieving bonuses who have existing accounts.  Personally I`d go for it if it was possible although I have two Freedom's, the APR's are not the best so I would add a third and then combine them all.  I do like my $3000/mo cap on the 5% rotating catagories though!!

how did you get 3000 a month cap? it is normally 1500.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 18 of 20
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

@scottwagnon wrote:

@CreditMuppet wrote:

No, I`m not sure, but I have seen others who claim they have been sucessfull recieving bonuses who have existing accounts.  Personally I`d go for it if it was possible although I have two Freedom's, the APR's are not the best so I would add a third and then combine them all.  I do like my $3000/mo cap on the 5% rotating catagories though!!

how did you get 3000 a month cap? it is normally 1500.

I have 2 x Chase Freedom's, so $1500 each & $3000 in total on rotating catagories.

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Goal Score: 800
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 20
Ms-Kato
Contributor

After reading about the $300 cash back on first purchase I feel Robbed.... ....I'm calling the Coppers and the Bobbies  !

I  just applied online for the Chase Freedom Visa $200 Bonus Cash Back.

App went thru and have to wait again for approval..I'll report back.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.