Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 382
Registered: ‎06-26-2012
0

Are prime cards attainable with derogs on your report?

I'm not getting ready to app, I'll be in the garden for at least another full year (unless I feel like getting a walmart store card to start my path to discover).

 

I know in a year, I probably won't be in primeland. I'm right about 620s according to Myfico score watch but I have some old paid C/Os that every GW comes back as denied and 1 90 day late from about a year ago so I have 6 more years till that drops off.

 

Will I really have to wait 6 more years till all the bad stuff drops to get into prime land? I feel like my scores have come a long way just from getting rid of what I can and by puting time between myself and everything else, I'd hate to hear taht I'm stuck with Cap1s 750 HL for the next 6 years.

 

Any one get a prime card while still having some derog on their reports?



Current: Eq- 624 Ex - 631 (lender pulled) TU - 661 (lender pulled)
Goal 700+ across all three
Established Contributor
Posts: 1,048
Registered: ‎02-27-2012
0

Re: Are prime cards attainable with derogs on your report?


scarrollprint wrote:

I'm not getting ready to app, I'll be in the garden for at least another full year (unless I feel like getting a walmart store card to start my path to discover).

 

I know in a year, I probably won't be in primeland. I'm right about 620s according to Myfico score watch but I have some old paid C/Os that every GW comes back as denied and 1 90 day late from about a year ago so I have 6 more years till that drops off.

 

Will I really have to wait 6 more years till all the bad stuff drops to get into prime land? I feel like my scores have come a long way just from getting rid of what I can and by puting time between myself and everything else, I'd hate to hear taht I'm stuck with Cap1s 750 HL for the next 6 years.

 

Any one get a prime card while still having some derog on their reports?


Not necessarily. I have I think 8 30 and 60 day lates on an autoloan in 2009, and some minor late CC payments from 2008 and 2009, and I just got approved for a Sapphire Preferred and Blue Cash everyday with a low-average income. But I've been clean since then.

AMEX: $0/$25,000, CSP: $0/$6500, Chase Priority Club: $0/$3500, Freedom: $0/$6000, Barclays NFL: $0/$7000 Discover: $0/$14,000, Citi Dividend: $0/$3500

EQ FICO - 728
TU FICO - 743
EX FICO(AMEX) - 712
Established Contributor
Posts: 539
Registered: ‎05-16-2012
0

Re: Are prime cards attainable with derogs on your report?


SwiftTone wrote:

scarrollprint wrote:

I'm not getting ready to app, I'll be in the garden for at least another full year (unless I feel like getting a walmart store card to start my path to discover).

 

I know in a year, I probably won't be in primeland. I'm right about 620s according to Myfico score watch but I have some old paid C/Os that every GW comes back as denied and 1 90 day late from about a year ago so I have 6 more years till that drops off.

 

Will I really have to wait 6 more years till all the bad stuff drops to get into prime land? I feel like my scores have come a long way just from getting rid of what I can and by puting time between myself and everything else, I'd hate to hear taht I'm stuck with Cap1s 750 HL for the next 6 years.

 

Any one get a prime card while still having some derog on their reports?


Not necessarily. I have I think 8 30 and 60 day lates on an autoloan in 2009, and some minor late CC payments from 2008 and 2009, and I just got approved for a Sapphire Preferred and Blue Cash everyday with a low-average income. But I've been clean since then.


I had a 6yo charge off, and a 30/60 from 2006 on mine and I got all the cards listed in my sig except the cap1

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,115
Registered: ‎10-31-2011
0

Re: Are prime cards attainable with derogs on your report?

for the most part time heals all

ccpics2.jpg
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 7,225
Registered: ‎09-16-2011
0

Re: Are prime cards attainable with derogs on your report?


scarrollprint wrote:

I'm not getting ready to app, I'll be in the garden for at least another full year (unless I feel like getting a walmart store card to start my path to discover).

 

I know in a year, I probably won't be in primeland. I'm right about 620s according to Myfico score watch but I have some old paid C/Os that every GW comes back as denied and 1 90 day late from about a year ago so I have 6 more years till that drops off.

 

Will I really have to wait 6 more years till all the bad stuff drops to get into prime land? I feel like my scores have come a long way just from getting rid of what I can and by puting time between myself and everything else, I'd hate to hear taht I'm stuck with Cap1s 750 HL for the next 6 years.

 

Any one get a prime card while still having some derog on their reports?


I have all of my prime cards, and my derogs are still on my report.  I have some collections 3 yrs old. a 90 day late that is 6.5 yrs old, and a judgement that is 6 yrs old.

 

I think after everything ages to the 3 yr mark, you can start looking at prime products.


Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!



Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 321
Registered: ‎08-13-2011
0

Re: Are prime cards attainable with derogs on your report?

I think you have the right idea....if you keep up the good work and show postive history since your most recent derog...you'll find that most creditors will focus on what you've done with your credit. The good think is that you've actually paid your collections which is a good thing should your credit have to be manually reviewed by any creditor. You should be fine to apply for some of the prime lenders when you're done with gardening.


Starting Score: 500s
Current Score: EQ: 700myFICO(9/7/12), TU: 710myFICO(9/2/12), EX Plus:701(lp,4/16/12)
Goal Score: 700

Wallet: Discover IT $20300, Capital One Platinum $15000, Barclays Rewards $5700, Walmart $6000, Amazon Store Card $6000 Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000, Bank of America Cash Rewards $500.
Keep the Hearth of your Thoughts Pure, by so doing you will be Happy and bring Peace!
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,124
Registered: ‎03-30-2012
0

Re: Are prime cards attainable with derogs on your report?

I wonder the same thing. The derogs on my report at 6.5 years old...but I'm at the point of just waiting until they fall off next year.

 

Plan on reapplying for Discover then...

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $5000 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $1950 | Target: $2200 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Valued Member
Posts: 28
Registered: ‎05-09-2012
0

Re: Are prime cards attainable with derogs on your report?

I just got denied for Freedom and discover more and they both listed reason as major deliquencies on report, which would be 2 charge-offs from 2007 that I took care of back then. I've had rebuilder cards for 3 years,  and just got a Barclay rewards card (not considered prime i don't think) I know I should be closer go 700, but I'm starting to think I won't get a prime card till those COs fall off.


Starting Score: 622 EQ Fico
Current Score: 654EQ 658 TU Fico
Goal Score: 720


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,124
Registered: ‎03-30-2012
0

Re: Are prime cards attainable with derogs on your report?


dwmaso001 wrote:

I just got denied for Freedom and discover more and they both listed reason as major deliquencies on report, which would be 2 charge-offs from 2007 that I took care of back then. I've had rebuilder cards for 3 years,  and just got a Barclay rewards card (not considered prime i don't think) I know I should be closer go 700, but I'm starting to think I won't get a prime card till those COs fall off.


Same deal here when I got denied for Discover...kinda sucks! I really wanted that card...

 

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $5000 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $1950 | Target: $2200 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 367
Registered: ‎06-02-2008
0

Re: Are prime cards attainable with derogs on your report?

I think you should garden a bit more and get your scores in the upper 600s before attempting the CF or DM cards, esp with derogs.  I have a 3-4 30 days and a 60 day from 06/07 and a paid collection from 06, but I've been clean ever since and got approved for a CSP.  YMMV.


AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.