cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are retail store cards easy to attain...?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Are retail store cards easy to attain...?

does this wfnnb bank have a prefrence on reports they pull or do they pull all 3? i found out one of my favorite stores now offers a card through that bank and i have NO store cards in my mix. but for whatever reason i am afraid of applying and being denied leaving me with an inquiry and no card.
Message 11 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wifes apped for several different cards with them and was Approved and her AAoA is 1yr with oldest account being 2yrs. All the Stores she apped with used WFNNB and they all pulled EX only.. I also no that Venue is WFCB and they are the same bank as WFNNB. Just a bit of info...

If you need a Major CC and have a decent report WFNNB has a Mastercard through Gander Mountain but it is not as easy to get as there Store Cards that they hand out like Cookies... My Wife got VS, Reeds, Bealls, Burkes, Peebles & HSN with instant Approvals the same day and she has a EX score of 620 with a bunch of inquires.

They say Target is easy but she has been declined twice now but Citi Approved for a Zales, Sunoco, Exxon & Shell the same day as the one from WFNNB. ahh plus a Macys (Her Fav...)

The reason for so many i cause she did not have that many so she figured she would get them all now...

Hope this Helps!

Message Edited by CyndibemyLOVE on 04-11-2009 12:20 PM
Message 12 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My wifes apped for several different cards with them and was Approved and her AAoA is 1yr with oldest account being 2yrs. All the Stores she apped with used WFNNB and they all pulled EX only.. I also no that Venue is WFCB and they are the same bank as WFNNB. Just a bit of info...

If you need a Major CC and have a decent report WFNNB has a Mastercard through Gander Mountain but it is not as easy to get as there Store Cards that they hand out like Cookies... My Wife got VS, Reeds, Bealls, Burkes, Peebles, HSN & Abacrombie with instant Approvals the same day and she has a EX score of 620 with a bunch of inquires.

Hope this Helps!

Message Edited by CyndibemyLOVE on 04-11-2009 12:16 PM

thanks for the info. of course they would pull the one report that i have no clue as to what the score is, only know my FAKO. lol. i just hate rejection so i have only applied for one thing (other than a mortgage) since 2005. guess its may be worth a try

Message 13 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree that not knowing sucks cause the 620 EX was a Truecredit FACO that has been known to be 60 points off at times.. I dont think you will have a problem at all with WFNNB cause all the ones my wife got was 3-4 weeks ago so they are not holding back even in these times of the Credit Crunch.... Let us know what they said if you apply, I know with most of them they gave you account number and Credit Line at approval with the online app.
Message Edited by CyndibemyLOVE on 04-11-2009 12:42 PM
Message 14 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

well got the "Your application is currently under review. You will be contacted by mail within 7-10 working days." every time i have ever seen that it has been a big fat NO. oh well. guess thats it for applying for anything for another few years.

if you get denied for credit (not mortgage) does that mean EX has to give you your FICO if you request it due to denial?

Message 15 of 29
Scamp
Valued Contributor

scorechaser wrote:

well got the "Your application is currently under review. You will be contacted by mail within 7-10 working days." every time i have ever seen that it has been a big fat NO. oh well. guess thats it for applying for anything for another few years.

if you get denied for credit (not mortgage) does that mean EX has to give you your FICO if you request it due to denial?

You're entitled to a free report if you get turned down, but not a score.

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 16 of 29
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

call the bank monday.

My parents got that same message on Z Gallerie and West Elm.

The bank uses a 3rd party verify for I believe ALL online applications that will ask you like your wifes name or husband name and last 4 of your social, then they say thank you that is correct, you are approved and CL is "blank"

just call the number for whichever store you applied for the bank number and they will transfer you. 

Message 17 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scamp wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You're entitled to a free report if you get turned down, but not a score.

that is just plain ludacris! i already have my report. why arent they required to provide the score that may have caused denial? i hate EX and i still do not understand for the life of me how they can get away with not providing such info.---ugh. i suppose i may look into freezing their dastardly report.

thx for all the info!! we'll see how politely they deny me soon enough Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not necessarily a no.  I got a notice from VS like that and I thought I was denied, a few days later they called my house and verified info only I would know, then they approved me over the phone.

So, until you get a letter in the mail that's a flat out denial, don't think you're denied, they may just need to verify a few things.

Message 19 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

*cross fingers* i hope i get a call then... Smiley Happy
Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.