cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are retail store cards easy to attain...?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Are retail store cards easy to attain...?

This does not mean no cause my brother applied for a Reeds card and got the same message of 5-7 Days and the next day at work he got a call wanting to verfy some info then he was given a $2200 Credit Line. The next thing he applied (American TV wfnnb) for was an instant

I would Call Monday as said earlier...

Good Luck! 

Message Edited by CyndibemyLOVE on 04-11-2009 09:25 PM
Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

i will hope for the best but expect the worst. that way there is no disappointment. the inq has already hit EX. i hate answering calls from numbers i do not recognise but i supose this is a good reason to just say hello Smiley Happy
Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

DENIED. i figured as much. oh well. i will just continue on my path of not appying for anything. i was just so tempted to have a card from a store i would actually use.
Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Retail cards are always easier to get then say a Visa Card etc....oh and nice website store. Kinda basic but nice,Smiley Very Happy
Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

um I am confused as to their resopnse for the card I applied for.

The reasons for denial are

• Profile consists of high percentage of bankcard trades
  • Unable to verify application information with Credit Bureau
  • Presence of fraud indicators
  • Unable to validate application information with Credit Bureau

WTH? I dont have my EX frozen. In fact WFNNB pulled a soft the next day (after pulling a hard for the store) and gave me $500 for Spiegal. I dont have a "fraud alert" on my report. And if they could not verify/validate with bureaus, how the hell do they know I have a high percentage of bankcard trades? As far as EX is listed I only have 3 open cards. The rest are closed with $0 balances. Something stinks with this letter.

Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have an account with WFNNB?  frozen CR does not stop soft pulls of existing accounts.

I would definitely look into it.  Have you disputed anything with the CRA's lately?

Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you have an account with WFNNB? I got one the next day w/Spiegal. Other than that, when I applied for Store card I had no account with them..

frozen CR does not stop soft pulls of existing accounts. My reports are not frozen though.

I would definitely look into it.  Have you disputed anything with the CRA's lately? I have. I have gotten a few deletions on EQ, but they pull EX.

Message 27 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes a dispute can cause the creditor to notify CRA's of potential fraud alert.  Examples:

1.  If you contacted a company disputing permissible purpose / inquiry....this represents potentially that somebody falsely attempted to use your ID for credit.

2.  If you dispute parts of an account, such as balance or other details that could make the creditor feel inclinded of potential fraudulent use.

Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess what I dont understand is how they could say that was a deciding factor and then say they could not validate/verify my info with the CRA. They contradict themselves. I suppose I will call on Monday and ask for an explination.
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.