cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any CC lenders which nick you.....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are there any CC lenders which nick you.....

maybe internally, for BT'ing your balance with them to someone else.  I want to BT AMEX and Barclays to Cap 1 before XMAS.  Should I be leery of anything?  Thank you in advance for your comments and suggestions.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Are there any CC lenders which nick you.....

I'm not sure if the receiver even knows it came from a BT. I'm not sure a payment is labeled that way.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay's has it listed on their Ring website under things they consider "poor financial behaviors." One of them is balance transfers away from Barclay's.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX hates when you carry a balance, at least moreso than most other CC lenders. So BT'ing a balance away from them would be smart. Cap One does not care what you do as long as payments are made!
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
AMEX hates when you carry a balance, at least moreso than most other CC lenders. So BT'ing a balance away from them would be smart. Cap One does not care what you do as long as payments are made!

Why Cap One is my favorite card(s).

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Barclay's has it listed on their Ring website under things they consider "poor financial behaviors." One of them is balance transfers away from Barclay's.

WOW.  I didn't know that but I only have the rewards and the aviator cards.  Thanks for the tip!

Message 6 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Imapct from BT's are due to the impact to individual revolving utilization.  If you were carrying a balance with a creditor and BT'd away from that creditor it's considered like any other payment.

@Anonymous wrote:
AMEX hates when you carry a balance

Don't rely on oversimplified and parroted memes like these.  All creditors consider risk and AmEx is no different.  Plenty have carried balances and have even received CLI's  with AmEx while carrying balances.  It is not simply a matter of creditor but one's credit profile as well.  Thinner and poorer profiles will generally be considered more risky than established profiles in good standing.  The former is more likely to run into issues with carrying balances than the latter but revolving utilization also matters.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.