cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any PRIME credit cards to get with a BK?

tag
NICKI183
Established Contributor

Are there any PRIME credit cards to get with a BK?

I know we dicuss on this forum various credit cards to obtain: either being sub-prime or prime. My question is, are there any PRIME that consider giving those that have made mistakes in the past a second chance w/o being secured?
Most likely, the answer is no but just asking.

thanks
Starting Score: 555/567/570- Aug 2017 (TU)646 (EQ) 626, (EX) 635-Goa 750l: UPDATE 2021 (TU) 623, (EQ) 584, (EXP) 598 Current VISA-MC-Amex Credit Cards |NFCU-CashReward-$2k|USSA Visa- $500lAmex USAA-secured Merrick-$1,900ll Amex Delta Sky Miles- $1k
, |Nordstrom-$2100|Neiman Marcus-$700|Credit One Bank $850/$500 / Capital One Journey $700/ Capital One Quicksilver One $1650/Target $600/KohlsStore $300/Personal Loans $14k
Garden Until 2/2022 removing all 18 collection baddies and decrease UTILto less than 5%
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
TigerCat
Valued Member

Re: Are there any PRIME credit cards to get with a BK?

Nicki,

I was able to get an HSBC platinum card last summer even after one of my accounts with them was included in bk. I know a lot of people on here don't like HSBC, but they have been good to me. I got a 2k CL with no AF and 14.99 int. rate. I'm not sure if that's considered prime or not. Now I should say I got an invite though the mail with them. Also, Credit One is another option, and their fees are much more reasonable than some of the other sub-prime cards, IMO.

Hope this helps.
Message 2 of 31
NICKI183
Established Contributor

TigerCat wrote:
Nicki,

I was able to get an HSBC platinum card last summer even after one of my accounts with them was included in bk. I know a lot of people on here don't like HSBC, but they have been good to me. I got a 2k CL with no AF and 14.99 int. rate. I'm not sure if that's considered prime or not. Now I should say I got an invite though the mail with them. Also, Credit One is another option, and their fees are much more reasonable than some of the other sub-prime cards, IMO.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Tiger- I have a Credit One card with a $300 CL, unsure of how they work with increases.  As for as HSBC you have a limit of (2) cards and I have 2.  Thanks for the info.
Starting Score: 555/567/570- Aug 2017 (TU)646 (EQ) 626, (EX) 635-Goa 750l: UPDATE 2021 (TU) 623, (EQ) 584, (EXP) 598 Current VISA-MC-Amex Credit Cards |NFCU-CashReward-$2k|USSA Visa- $500lAmex USAA-secured Merrick-$1,900ll Amex Delta Sky Miles- $1k
, |Nordstrom-$2100|Neiman Marcus-$700|Credit One Bank $850/$500 / Capital One Journey $700/ Capital One Quicksilver One $1650/Target $600/KohlsStore $300/Personal Loans $14k
Garden Until 2/2022 removing all 18 collection baddies and decrease UTILto less than 5%
Message 3 of 31
TigerCat
Valued Member

Credit One started me out with an 800 cl, but they have bumped it up a couple of times since then, and I have been with them for over a year now. I never asked them, they just gave those to me. With them, HSBC, and a Macy's 1k cl that survived the bk, I'm set for now.

EX 673 EQ 662 TU 616 as of 3/08
Message 4 of 31
NICKI183
Established Contributor

TigerCat wrote:
Credit One started me out with an 800 cl, but they have bumped it up a couple of times since then, and I have been with them for over a year now. I never asked them, they just gave those to me. With them, HSBC, and a Macy's 1k cl that survived the bk, I'm set for now.

EX 673 EQ 662 TU 616 as of 3/08

Yes that is good!  I have to get my scores out of the 500 land.  I think I will be closing some of the sub sub because they are getting ready to have a b-day.
Message 5 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NICKI183 wrote:
I know we dicuss on this forum various credit cards to obtain: either being sub-prime or prime. My question is, are there any PRIME that consider giving those that have made mistakes in the past a second chance w/o being secured?
thanks

Chase was good to me, I had 5 Collections, defaulted student loans, that I settled for less than full balance all over two years old. HSBC was kind as well!
Message 6 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

The long time members here know my FICO in Dec 06 was 480-

You have to work hard and break though the ceiling-
Pay on time, keep UTL low- get the scores up

Then they will fight over your business.

My Baddies have NOT hit the 2 year mark yet-

I got my first AMEX with my last baddie only 8 months old-

NICKI183 wrote:

thanks

Message 7 of 31
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I believe someone here got a Discover card with a BK, but the BK was over 7 years old.
Here we go again...
Message 8 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have Discover. BK in 2001 and IIB discover on 2 cards.
Message 9 of 31
BoysMumx2
Frequent Contributor

Just wanted to note on here that Chase will not even let you app for a new account with a bk showing on your credit reports. They have a "pre-screen" text at the beginning of each app that asks if your reports are clear of bks (or something along those lines). Perhaps in the past they allowed them, but now they don't.

BofA will decline for bk, as will Citi, but I've seen posts that say they will approve after the bk is over 7 years old. I hope to test that one out later this summer. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 622, TU 676, EX 643 (mtg lender pulls) 2/1/12
Current Score: EQ 743, TU 775 (6/18 MyFico), EX 722 (per CITI approval letter 6/29/12 pull)
Goal Score: New goal: 760+ on all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.