cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any cards left that are 2% cash back across the board?

tag
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Are there any cards left that are 2% cash back across the board?

I wanted the Charles Schwab one but that's gone.  Some seem to have restrictions (I'm not in the military).  The constantly changing categories seem to be daunting to me.  I don't want to wait for a certain "category" before I purchase items.

Any across the board 2% back, no strings attached?  (No annual fee would be great too)

If not, what's the next best thing?

Thank you.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Are there any cards left that are 2% cash back across the board?

@clocktick wrote:

I wanted the Charles Schwab one but that's gone.  Some seem to have restrictions (I'm not in the military).  The constantly changing categories seem to be daunting to me.  I don't want to wait for a certain "category" before I purchase items.

Any across the board 2% back, no strings attached?  (No annual fee would be great too)

If not, what's the next best thing?

Thank you.

I think they are all goneSmiley Sad

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 3 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Fidelity Amex still offers 2% (backed by FIA)

http://personal.fidelity.com/products/checking/content/amex_rewards_card.shtml.cvsr?showcard=all

That's a pretty card too Smiley Happy

can you PC to this you think?

Message 4 of 17
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

Bank of America BankAmericard. My version has 2% general cashback (mail solicitation, haven't seen it on the website yet). If you wait to redeem until you reach $300, they'll add another $75 which makes it essentially a 2.5% cashback card. It is my main spending card. It is great!

Message 5 of 17
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

@wollepopolle wrote:

Bank of America BankAmericard. My version has 2% general cashback (mail solicitation, haven't seen it on the website yet). If you wait to redeem until you reach $300, they'll add another $75 which makes it essentially a 2.5% cashback card. It is my main spending card. It is great!

I thought it was 1.25 pts for every dollar spent.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 6 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@TheCreditKid wrote:

@wollepopolle wrote:

A fortunate few got this offer, seems like it was 6 months or so ago. (Not me! Smiley Tongue)

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 17
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@TheCreditKid wrote:

@wollepopolle wrote:

A fortunate few got this offer, seems like it was 6 months or so ago. (Not me! Smiley Tongue)

WHAT? They stop offering the 1.25 points?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 8 of 17
clocktick
Valued Contributor

The Fidelity one seems like it would be great if one didn't have to open a Fidelity account! 

@wollepopolle wrote:

^^^

You are so fortunate to have received that offer!  I'd love to have a card like that especially since I have multiple accounts with BOA.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 9 of 17
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

@clocktick wrote:

You are so fortunate to have received that offer!  I'd love to have a card like that especially since I have multiple accounts with BOA.

Perhaps, they'll roll it out as a general CC on their website. One never knows. I guess I was targeted to be turned into a new BoA customer. It worked. It was an offer I couldn't refuse. Smiley Very Happy Certainly, they could reward their existing customer base with this card. I have no clue why I received the solicitation and others did not. I have not had any affiliation with BoA. I guess I do now. Maybe that was the reason.?

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.