cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any cards left that are 2% cash back across the board?

tag
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

Re: Are there any cards left that are 2% cash back across the board?

Haulingthescoreup, I received my offer in late August/early September. At first, I thought it was a well-devised scam. I was scared as a chicken when I had applied and had been approved as I thought for a few days that I had followed a pirated link. Then I went back to the paper letter, and it looked real. Ten days later I knew that it was real when the card arrived in the mail.

Message 11 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@TheCreditKid wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@TheCreditKid wrote:

@wollepopolle wrote:

Bank of America BankAmericard. My version has 2% general cashback (mail solicitation, haven't seen it on the website yet). If you wait to redeem until you reach $300, they'll add another $75 which makes it essentially a 2.5% cashback card. It is my main spending card. It is great!

I thought it was 1.25 pts for every dollar spent.

A fortunate few got this offer, seems like it was 6 months or so ago. (Not me! Smiley Tongue)

WHAT? They stop offering the 1.25 points?

I didn't say that --I said that some people were offered an even better deal, one with 2% cashback instead of the 1.25 points. That one's still on the website, as of about 30 seconds ago when I looked.

I didn't get the offer, sigh.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@wollepopolle wrote:

Haulingthescoreup, I received my offer in late August/early September. At first, I thought it was a well-devised scam. I was scared as a chicken when I had applied and had been approved as I thought for a few days that I had followed a pirated link. Then I went back to the paper letter, and it looked real. Ten days later I knew that it was real when the card arrived in the mail.

I can't tell you how sick with jealousy I am. Smiley Very Happy

And the 2% is an ongoing deal, right, not just for the first 12 months?

It would make sense that it would be a way of luring in new members with high scores. They know they've already got me, although they're offering to PC my current card to one with cash rewards instead of points, which is generally a better deal.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 17
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Capital One has No Hassel Cash Back which is 2% cashback on gas and grocery. You'll want to apply the excellent credit version for no annual fee.

They also have VentureOne, which is 1.25 miles/cashback on all purchases. Again no annual fee, but it is a Visa Signature.

If you have lots of money you can open a Plantium Package checking account and US Bank Flexperk Cash Reward CC. Link them together and you'll get 1.5% cashback on all purchases.

Message 14 of 17
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

And the 2% is an ongoing deal, right, not just for the first 12 months?

Yes, it's ongoing. Hopefully, they won't terminate that program anytime soon. That would annoy me.

Message 15 of 17
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Capital One has No Hasssel Cash Back which is 2% cashback on gas and grocery. You'll want to apply the excellent credit version for no annual fee.

I have that one as well. While not a straight 2% card, one can use it as such if one uses it only for the 2% categories. I think it's not the best card out there but it's a really good one. And the cashback really is no hassle. I like the straightforward nature of this card.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

NASA FCU: https://www.nasafcu.com/credit-cards/

Visa Platinum With CashRewards

Put extra cash in your pocket with a Visa Platinum With CashRewards

All your purchases - gas, groceries, and more - earn you cash back. The more you spend, the higher your cash back percentage with no limit to how much you can earn!

• Enjoy up to 2% cash back on eligible purchases
  • Pay no annual fee and no balance transfer fee
  • Get a great rate as low as 13.9% APR*

Start earning CashRewards today:

• Spend up to $1,000 each month - get 1% CashReward
  • Spend $1,001 to $2,000 each month - get 1.25% CashReward
  • Spend over $2,000 each month - get 2% CashReward
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.