Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there ever any Amex Offers for adding an AU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are there ever any Amex Offers for adding an AU

I originally posted this a different way and it was moved to the Business Forum because I asked about my business card.  But would actually like to know if any of American Express cards ever have an offer to add an AU and get a bonus.

Everytime I chat or call they make sure to ask me if I want to add one.  So they have been pushing this pretty hard.  

Makes sense, because the more cards on an account, the higher the spend would be. 

mods....I tried to delete the other post to couldn't figure out how.   If you would do that, it would be much appreciated. 

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Are there ever any Amex Offers for adding an AU

@Anonymous wrote:

I originally posted this a different way and it was moved to the Business Forum because I asked about my business card.  But would actually like to know if any of American Express cards ever have an offer to add an AU and get a bonus.

Everytime I chat or call they make sure to ask me if I want to add one.  So they have been pushing this pretty hard.  

Makes sense, because the more cards on an account, the higher the spend would be. 

mods....I tried to delete the other post to couldn't figure out how.   If you would do that, it would be much appreciated. 

Yes they do have offers for adding AUs from time to time.  Recently they had one that I took advantage of for adding an AU on my PRG and received 5,000 MR points after $500 spend.

Message 2 of 22
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes they do have offers for adding AUs from time to time.  Recently they had one that I took advantage of for adding an AU on my PRG and received 5,000 MR points after $500 spend.

+1 Still showing on both of my charge cards.  Check under Offers for this, alottacards:

Message 3 of 22
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Yep have on my ED card either 4-5 AU's at 1500 MR's after 150 spend per AU.   Sure they probably exist on most of their cards or at least their MR cards . They push AU's pretty heavily each time I have called them about something

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

awesome,  thanks for the replies. 

I'll definately wait till I get the bonus offer then to add DW or any employess.  

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, they do have offers. I recently had 5K MR points awarded for adding two additional AUs to my PRG. I believe they are targeted - you should receive an email if you're eligible.

Message 6 of 22
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Offer now on my BCE $25 each ( max 4 ) after $250 spend

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

awesome,  thanks for the replies. 

I'll definately wait till I get the bonus offer then to add DW or any employess.  

I know that you removed the business part of your post so that it could be posted here but I wouldnt necessarily assume that they will hand out the same offers for buisness cards.  I have two of those and have yet to see any AU offer on those but neither are mine are the charge cards so maybe they do on those.

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bumping this thread from August to see if there are any current offers for adding AUs to Amex cards -- or if it might be seasonal in nature.

I checked my Amex "Offers" section and the only offers for Amex are for gift cards.

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Bumping this thread from August to see if there are any current offers for adding AUs to Amex cards -- or if it might be seasonal in nature.

I checked my Amex "Offers" section and the only offers for Amex are for gift cards.

Offers on both my Platinum and PRG for 5K MR points after adding AU and they spend $500

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.