Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are they supposed to give me my scores?

tag
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Are they supposed to give me my scores?

Is it required that CC lenders are supposed to send your scores whether or not you are approved?  I just thought about it and I have not received anything of the such on my last spree>

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Are they supposed to give me my scores?

You get a score (the score they used, not necessarily a FICO) if you are denied, or not given the best terms they offee (IE: higher apr than the lowest they offer) otherwise a lender isnt required to give it to you.
Message 2 of 5
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

it would be on the approval or denial letters. if not given the best terms. as stated. 

for example for a amex charge card you wouldnt get one as you cannot get any better terms then that since its pif every month. 

revolvers though you should get it in the letter usually on the back in smal print but a bold score. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 3 of 5
firesoul453
Contributor

I'm pretty sure it goes.

They have to give you your scores, but only if you denied, and only if that was a part of the reason why. (So if its something else like too many recent HPs, then no you don't get it)

My ultimate credit wish,
a JP Morgan Palladium card
Message 4 of 5
compassion101
Established Contributor

I don't think they are required to send your scores when approved but many seem to be doing this anyway.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.