Valued Contributor
Rhaeny

Are they supposed to give me my scores?

Is it required that CC lenders are supposed to send your scores whether or not you are approved?  I just thought about it and I have not received anything of the such on my last spree>

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Senior Contributor
jsucool76

Re: Are they supposed to give me my scores?

You get a score (the score they used, not necessarily a FICO) if you are denied, or not given the best terms they offee (IE: higher apr than the lowest they offer) otherwise a lender isnt required to give it to you.
Valued Contributor
creditnocash

it would be on the approval or denial letters. if not given the best terms. as stated. 

for example for a amex charge card you wouldnt get one as you cannot get any better terms then that since its pif every month. 

revolvers though you should get it in the letter usually on the back in smal print but a bold score. 

Current: Discover Fico 701 10/14 Walmart Fico 689 9/14

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 3 TU 0 EX 0 | Most Recent: 09/26/2014

2014 Goals:
Lower Utility
47%(OUCH!!)
Freedom Signature

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$2900
Citi Diamond Preferred$6000
Citizens Mastercard$7000
Contributor
firesoul453

I'm pretty sure it goes.

They have to give you your scores, but only if you denied, and only if that was a part of the reason why. (So if its something else like too many recent HPs, then no you don't get it)

My ultimate credit wish,
a JP Morgan Palladium card
Established Contributor
compassion101

I don't think they are required to send your scores when approved but many seem to be doing this anyway.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}