cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you an authorized user on your credit report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you an authorized user on your credit report?

I'm trying to figure out what credit cards show up as authorized users on credit reports. I know Chase does not accept social security numbers and therefore it will not work. I want to add myself to my parent's credit cards to help my score, but I am not sure which ones will work.

Thanks for the help guys! 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
gymbo731
Regular Contributor

Re: Are you an authorized user on your credit report?

A thread is already open on this:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&message.id=199444#M199444

Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tried searching, didn't catch it. Thank you very much
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have a common address with your parents, either now or previously?  If so, then you may very well match up and get CR reported even without SS#.

Otherwise, CapOne and BoA both collect SS# and so does AMEX....and they all report AU's. 

Message 4 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

actually chase does show up AU on credit.

Macy's does

actually I don't know many credit cards that don't report auth... pretty much all do.

GE does 

Message 5 of 10
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

I'm an AU with BOFA, but EQ never picked it up. Still waiting, I think it has been quite a while now, maybe 5 months....TU and EX picked it up.  Bofa did not ask for my SS number, they do "address" matching and I have the same mailing address as the card holder.

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Message 6 of 10
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

AUs that report for us are:

Discover

Sears Citi

Chase

AmEx

National City

Message 7 of 10
laz98
Senior Contributor

bank of america does on all of my reports.  mervyns used to, before they went kaput.
Message 8 of 10
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

@daisyduke wrote:

I'm an AU with BOFA, but EQ never picked it up. Still waiting, I think it has been quite a while now, maybe 5 months....TU and EX picked it up.  Bofa did not ask for my SS number, they do "address" matching and I have the same mailing address as the card holder.

BOA as most banks, do some sort of address and perhaps also name matching. 

I became an AU on my brothers  BOA but they did not show up for a little over 2 months on any of my CBRs. I even called them and offered them my SSN but they declined stating that they have their way of bringing up information in their system and that SSN was not required. I was instantly curious but they woulndt state anything after that. 

Anyways, I am not advocating anything here.

But with TU, I simply went online and changed my address to that of my brothers (I was living there for a while) and BOA showed up on TU  after that. 

With EX,  I bought their vantagescore with my brothers address and the AU showed up instantly. 

With EQ, I apped for a CC with my brothers address and the CCC provided the new address to all three CRAs while they reported the new TL and BOA came on instantly after that as well.

Message 9 of 10
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Thanks NothingMan -  EQ had a older address on file,hence the reason the EQ didn't pick it up. I finally got it corrected so it's a wait and see game now.  All of my creditors have the correct address!! I understand that could have been the reason for my address not getting changed correctly with EQ - so the one company that had an older address, I fixed that too....Have a great day.

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.