cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you closing any accounts in 2015?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Are you closing any accounts in 2015?

No, definitely no closures in 2015. I like all my cards. I will be applying for new credit, however.

Message 31 of 106
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Yes. My Capital One secured card.

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 32 of 106
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not closing any accounts this year, each of them has a place in my business and personal plans.

Garden them all year and try to get the CL's up on all of them, then look for a new card come the first of Dec.

Message 33 of 106
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Not closing any accounts this year, each of them has a place in my business and personal plans.

Garden them all year and try to get the CL's up on all of them, then look for a new card come the first of Dec.

i am probably going to downgrade an card or two , the two i am thinking of downgrading are EDP and CSP to ED and CS. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 34 of 106
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I am going to close all of mine, just so I can go on a 14 app-o-rama this year! Applying is the fun part, right?!

Message 35 of 106
Anonymous
Not applicable

Almost certainly first progress and cap 1.  Once I can get citi to pre approve for double cash and amex for BCE. Once those happen, all i need is a home depot and barclays and Im probably done for good. 6 cards is prob 2 more than I really need, but with that mix I pretty much cover everything. And I suppose it doesnt matter if I have 3 or 96 but less to manage is less chance to make a mistake.

Message 36 of 106
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I think I am going to close all of mine, just so I can go on a 14 app-o-rama this year! Applying is the fun part, right?!

LOL! I admit that even while I contemplate closing, I still feel the addictive itch that is app-a-holism.

Message 37 of 106
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gunnar419 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

LOL! I admit that even while I contemplate closing, I still feel the addictive itch that is app-a-holism.

Haha, this my friend, is a great term! "app-a-holism"

Message 38 of 106
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gunnar419 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Haha, this my friend, is a great term! "app-a-holism"

"I'm a recovering appaholic. It has been sixty days since my last application."

Message 39 of 106
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

Closed my CapOne cards today!  Feels so good and now I can stop hating on them since I'm no longer a customer. 

Moving on up in 2015!

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 40 of 106
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.