Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you complete?

tag
L-TWT
Established Contributor

Re: Are you complete?

@bernhardtra wrote:

Have you gotten to the point where you simply don't want any more cards or have reached your desired card?

I recently got the FNBO Amex and the Delta Gold Amex.  I have spent the last few days looking at cards and trying to decide if there is any other card I want.  

I can't even think of one.  I know I can't get Signature cards yet and don't see the benefit to most of them anyway.  I figure the only card I could remotely want is one from my bank for overdraft protection, just in case, but don't even really see the point in it either.

I must say that I'm content with my current CC portfolio and that I have no need or desire to apply for any more CC's. I'm just hoping Citi will make some positive changes to Dividend card in the near future B/C this card SUCKS!!!!!

Message 21 of 38
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Oddly enough, I feel like I'm missing 1 (perhaps 2) cards. If I do pickup another one, it will likely be a hotel co-branded card. I'm a bit torn between the Marriott Premier, Hyatt, Citi's Hilton Reserve and SPG cards (each for different reasons).

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 22 of 38
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

I'm missing: Chase SP, Bank of America Cash rewards and Citi dividend... but in general i'm happy with my current portafolio.////

Message 23 of 38
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@jamesdwi wrote:

I'm thinking about a Citi Hilton card, since I'm  basicly in hiltons 5 days a week till the end of the year and would love another 40,000 pts. Also a Visa Signature card would be nice, which getting the Citi card may meet that requirement as well. I think I have have enough credit allready and with 3 cards now over 5k, don't feel the need for CSP but may get it anyway no AF first year and $400 in cash. Deffinetly won't keep it after the first year (would downgrade it to the no AF version) unless I travel a lot more.  I have been loving all the SP CLI's because I have had only 1 HP in the last 6 months creditors really love me for that.

Discover IT invites are in my mailbox every week, nice rewards and fairly low APR's would be nice to have, but still debating not sure I about stopping all the SP CLI's from other lenders for it. But would like to see what starting limit they would give me.

AMEX PRG sounds good in January just for backdating goodness, really don't need another charge card but rewards are good and 3 years backdating can't hurt.

Ap'd  for Discover IT, approved  $6500, AP'd for Citi Hilton Honors, got gold $6000 CL, denied for the signature, Close enough, 

CSP and PRG are currently on hold untill January, gardening for 6 months, just want them for rewards have enough CL for a while.

Feeling Pretty Coomplete, Off to the garden.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 24 of 38
bluedog1
Regular Contributor

I'm happy with the 4 cards in my rotation and plan to hold onto these accounts long term. The only major issuer I don't have is Discover but I don't see the benefit of adding one at this point.

Message 25 of 38
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@bluedog1 wrote:

I'm happy with the 4 cards in my rotation and plan to hold onto these accounts long term. The only major issuer I don't have is Discover but I don't see the benefit of adding one at this point.

+1. I don't see what the fuss is about Discover either. Some people really like them, but I don't see any real benefit.

Limited acceptance + better rewards elsewhere = uncompetitive product.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 26 of 38
HiLine
Blogger

@CreditScholar wrote:

@bluedog1 wrote:

+1. I don't see what the fuss is about Discover either. Some people really like them, but I don't see any real benefit.

Shop Discover is the only benefit I care about. Oh wait, the rotating 5% as well. Wait once more, Price Protection is great too. Oh yet one more time, customer service is the best in the industry. Cat Tongue

Message 27 of 38
E150GT
Frequent Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

I have never not had my discover accepted. I have had my amex though

CSP-$8700, Amex BCE-17.2k, Chase Freedom-$5700
Discover It-$6600, USAA MC-$5900 Ink Bold- $12k United Explorer-$5k
Message 28 of 38
E150GT
Frequent Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

have never not had my discover accepted. I have had my amex though

CSP-$8700, Amex BCE-17.2k, Chase Freedom-$5700
Discover It-$6600, USAA MC-$5900 Ink Bold- $12k United Explorer-$5k
Message 29 of 38
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

I think Discover is a great com pany and has a cool card desigh and great rewards programs just like the Chase Freedom. I never have had any problems of not getting accepted my card by the merchants where i frequent to shop ..I'm sure .It's accepted pretty much everywhere in the US not sure their acceptancce overseas but since i don't travel that often  i don't care about that detail

Message 30 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.