cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you satisfied with your credit limits?

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Are you satisfied with your credit limits?

I set credit limit goals for my cards. I'm happy when the cards reach those goals but I don't want to stop there so I set new goals. The cycle never ends. I guess in the end I want my limits to be as high as possible.

Are you satified with your current limits?

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Are you satisfied with your credit limits?

i am not ever satisified with my limits i guess lol but my limits definitely work for me except target redcard been stuck at 300 dollars for over 2 years and i run anywhere from 50 to 200 dollars through it a month. 

Message 2 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes- I am satisfied.

Message 3 of 48
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes- I am satisfied.

What he said ^

Message 4 of 48
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Isn't YIM a girl? (Seriously asking. Don't even know who's who anymore lol)

On topic: yes, I am satisfied with my limits for now. I'd like to grow them and see how high I can get, but for now I honestly probably have more than enough credit.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 5 of 48
elim
Senior Contributor

never

Message 6 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welllllll.....mostly satisfied Smiley Happy If I could get all of them to 10k at some point that would be nice. Then 15k and so on.
Message 7 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

100K+ total lines. never satisfied

Message 8 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

No.  But, I have went from 13k to 70k in just a few months so I have no right to complain.  I am sure with time things will change, but I want out of the 2k routine. Amex and Chase issued me 5k, but everybody else goes below 5. :-)

Message 9 of 48
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I'm mostly satisfied, but I would eventually like a little extra on my BCP (currently $1k), although right now that's actually sufficient since I only use it at Kroger and Publix anyway. 

My only other 'straggler' is my Sam's Club MasterCard (currently $1500).  I've not tried Credit Solutions yet (it's only three months old) but in a month or two I plan on seeing if they can give me a little more 'luv'.  So far each month I've put $1k+ on it (each time PIF), so I hope their computer/CSR/etc. would keep that in mind.  Everything I put on it is at the 3% cash back rate, so even if they stand firm I'm still doing OK.

As for the rest of my cards, my current limits are modest compared to many on here, but each of them are $5k+ which is more than sufficient for me.

Message 10 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.