Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arguing with wife. Please save me!

tag
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Re: Arguing with wife. Please save me!

I fired Chase last year, but for 10% cash back, I'd be willing to take them back Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 41
DI
Super Contributor

@aftermath wrote:

@DI wrote:

@aftermath wrote:

@DI wrote:

It's possible that the co worker is getting 10% back on purchases if she's shopping at stores online that the CC promotes.  I know Discover offer more than 5% Csshback at different online merchants. 

I know the 10% applies when shopping online through Chase, but she said EVERYTHING.

If everything she buys is in the 10% category then she is right. 

She claims no categorise. She said straight out 10% on EVERYTHING.

I need that card for gas and food then! 

Message 12 of 41
aftermath
Established Contributor

@DI wrote:

@aftermath wrote:

@DI wrote:

@aftermath wrote:

@DI wrote:

It's possible that the co worker is getting 10% back on purchases if she's shopping at stores online that the CC promotes.  I know Discover offer more than 5% Csshback at different online merchants. 

I know the 10% applies when shopping online through Chase, but she said EVERYTHING.

If everything she buys is in the 10% category then she is right. 

She claims no categorise. She said straight out 10% on EVERYTHING.

I need that card for gas and food then! 

Forget the gas and food.  I would put the company's payroll on my card!  That would be an average of $10,000 cash back every 2 weeks!

American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Message 13 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

you cannot prove a negative so you need to tell her "Well they are not offering it now and no one is offering it so that's life."  It is what it is

Message 14 of 41
aftermath
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

you cannot prove a negative so you need to tell her "Well they are not offering it now and no one is offering it so that's life."  It is what it is

That's what the argument started off as but it went a whole different direction.  It's no longer about "I want it" it's now "It's real! She has it!".

American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Message 15 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@aftermath wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That's what the argument started off as but it went a whole different direction.  It's no longer about "I want it" it's now "It's real! She has it!".

Then you need to compliment your wife on how lucky she is to have this cat as a friend and drop it.

Message 16 of 41
kjm79
Valued Contributor

Can't this simply be resolved by making a telephone call to Chase and inquiring if this is a card they offer? 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 17 of 41
BoSox617
Contributor

Hi aftermath,

This option is rather gauche, but...

The next time your wife wants to make a purchase of oh, say $200, suggest that she ask her friend to make the purchase.  Have your wife write out a check (make sure the memo section notes the details, to CYA) for the purchase, tax, etc. less 10%. 

If the friend declines, that may be an indication that she was not being very honest about the discount.  Notice I said "may" - there are many reasons one might not be willing to do such a thing.

Just something your wife might consider if she wants to keep pushing the issue.  Steer the conversation away from you, and over to her pal.  Hey, you might get a discount out of it (I doubt it, but this route might be better than arguing in circles). Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 41
smc733
Valued Contributor

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=Divorce+Attorney&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 19 of 41
BoSox617
Contributor

@smc733 wrote:

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=Divorce+Attorney&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Smiley Very Happy

Message 20 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.