Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arrival+ 10%/5% Travel Redemption Bonus Miles Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Arrival+ 10%/5% Travel Redemption Bonus Miles Question

How and when does this usually appear?

I had a hotel bill of $471.75 on my A+. I redeemed miles and the 471.75 was credited on 7/21. I haven't seen the travel redemption bonus miles credit yet, but it says it's supposed to be credited within one day. I messaged through my online account and on the first go-round, they didn't read what I wrote (copied from their website about the travel redepmtion bonus miles) and told me that my 471.75 was credited. I replied and requested they read what I wrote and that I acknowledged that I'd received the credit for the hotel charge of 471.75 and was asking for the extra 10% back in miles. 

Newest response:

"Thank you for contacting us regarding your Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite MasterCard.  We can certainly address your concern regarding the benefits on your account.

Please note that we have forwarded a case regarding this issue to the appropriate department to undergo further research with the case ID of XXXXX. Please allow us up to 7-10 business days to respond to this concern. We understand the frustration of waiting for this issue to be resolved; however, we need to ask for your continued patience while we are working for the resolution. We hope you find this information helpful.

We remarkably appreciate the opportunity to work with you and also look forward to serving you for many more years."

So if anyone is redeeming now with Barclay's, maybe they've screwed up their system in anticipation of the nerfing. 

Also if anyone can tell me where/how/when it would have worked normally, it'd be appreciated. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Re: Arrival+ 10%/5% Travel Redemption Bonus Miles Question and Warning

When I redeem my points in the past before they started this new policy change I would redeem the points and they would give me 10% back right there.  My suggestion is talk to a representative if you don't get the answer you're looking for asked for a supervisor to see what they can do.  PS it never hurts to ask  for your inconvenience you might be able to get some more points I'm not saying you will but it never hurts to ask. 

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just redeemed a few hours ago ($25) and they gave me the travel redemption bonus immediately after the transaction.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you guys tell me where you're seeing it? Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place. It's not the most well designed website. 

Message 4 of 9
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

It should reduce your account by 90% of the total points used. For instance let's say you had 50k miles and paid a $500 bill. Your miles balance post usage should be 10k. Why don't you check your mileage account before and after and see if it adds up.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Arrival+ 10%/5% Travel Redemption Bonus Miles Question

Screen Shot 2015-07-31 at 3.33.28 PM.png

So is it probable that the 4717 is part of this 8317? It's not called out somewhere separate on the website? I'm thinking yes, that's it. 

If I look at the posted transactions, the points earned since last statement is about 3574, so that's where it is. I just wasn't looking in the right place. 

Is that it? 

Message 6 of 9
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

Mine automatically showed up as soon as I redeemed. 

Message 7 of 9
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

From what you showing us that looks about right you should've had  about 28,000 points left over from your last statement and the points that you  redeemed. 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Like they said above, you won't actually see points post back to your account. On the final step when redeeming it will say something like
$100 for 10,000 points minus 10% bonus (1000) equals 9,000 points for $100 credit and they only ever deduct the 9000 from your account
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.