Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arrival + / Double Cash /Simplicity Dilemma

tag
changingmantra2
Regular Contributor

Arrival + / Double Cash /Simplicity Dilemma

Hello -

Currently I have Arrival  +  $11,000 (gets pretty heavy usage) and Simplicity $15,000 (rarely use it).

My $89 Arrival + fee hit this past weekend, and I just called to see if I could have it waived again or reduced, but was told I could not.

I have have had two different Citi supervisors tell me that I can PC the Simplicity to Double Cash once my 0% interest promotion is up in Jan.

1. I do not mind downgrading to the no annual fee Arrival if I know I can recoup most of that 2% cashback reward through Double Cash -

2. I have read here that the Simplicity cannot be PCed to anything - including DC. 

3. I sent a SM to Citi this weekend - trying to get confirmation of what the supervisors told me in writing - but whomever read responded - totally misunderstood my question - and so I had to send a clarifying message.... still waiting to hear back

Dilemma -

I do not know if I should trust the Citi supervisors' information that the Simplicity can be PCed in a few months - and just go ahead and downgrade my Arrival +, which I really do enjoy.  I would hate to downgrade just to be later be told what so many people have said in theses forums: The Simplicity cannot be PCed.

Advice?

Thanks -

“We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.”
― Maya Angelou
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Re: Arrival + / Double Cash /Simplicity Dilemma

I know for sure that it can me PC'd. If it was a co branded card like AA, then i'd have doubts.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.