cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arrival Plus Concierge service gets an A-Plus!

tag
LexieCat
Regular Contributor

Arrival Plus Concierge service gets an A-Plus!

I've been struggling for hours over the course of a few weeks to help my elderly father connect his Kindle to WiFi.  I live on the East Coast, and he is in Arizona.  I set the whole thing up for him, but of course the one thing I could not do is connect it to his home WiFi.  The problem is that his vision and dexterity make it difficult to type the keys.  We have both been incredibly frustrated as attempt after attempt fails for one reason or another.

Now, I could call the Geek Squad if we wanted to spend a hundred bucks for someone to come out and take thirty seconds to type in his password.  But since I got the Arrival Plus, which has Concierge service (and I've read they will TRY to accommodate any reasonable request), I called the number on the back of the card.  My concierge, Michael, listened carefully as I explained the problem, and he said he would see what he could do.  He said it could take up to 72 hours to get back to me.  Three days later, as promised, I get an email with details about a voiunteer service in my dad's town that provides all kinds of assistance (including computer help) to the elderly there.   And at NO COST.

Wow--I must say, I am impressed.  He even got me the name of someone to talk to there.  I checked out their website, and it looks as if they could be VERY helpful to my dad and stepmom for those little things that you need just a LITTLE help with.  

I'm feeling better every day about this card!

Chase Sapphire Preferred $32k; CapitalOne Venture $30k; Chase Slate $30k; Barclaycard Arrival Plus $25k; Wells Fargo Visa $25k; Amex EveryDay $25k; Barclaycard Ring $15.5k; Lowes $10k; Barclaycard Apple Financing $9.5k; Best Buy $7k; Chase Amazon Rewards Visa $6.5k; misc. store cards

EQ 822; TU 820; EX 819
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Jlu
Established Contributor

Re: Arrival Plus Concierge service gets an A-Plus!

Wow that is pretty awesome. Any reasonable request.. haha I could imagine that term could be defined quite loosely by some customers Smiley Wink

Hi BARCLAYS YA HI ITS ME LEE M CARDHOLDER SO IM CHANGING THE WHEEL BEARING ON MY CAR AND I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO DO IT WITHOUT A PRESS OR PULLER. ALSO IS IT A 1/4" DRIVE OR A 5/8"? CAN YOU HELP ME?

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

that sounds awesome! next year... i'm going to apply for it... next year... isn't it next year yet? Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 8
LexieCat
Regular Contributor

@Jlu wrote:

Wow that is pretty awesome. Any reasonable request.. haha I could imagine that term could be defined quite loosely by some customers Smiley Wink

Hi BARCLAYS YA HI ITS ME LEE M CARDHOLDER SO IM CHANGING THE WHEEL BEARING ON MY CAR AND I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO DO IT WITHOUT A PRESS OR PULLER. ALSO IS IT A 1/4" DRIVE OR A 5/8"? CAN YOU HELP ME?

Actually, I don't think they would necessarily consider that "unreasonable."  Check out this guy's experiment on what Visa's concierge is willing to do:  http://fourhourworkweek.com/2010/05/01/credit-card-concierge/.

Chase Sapphire Preferred $32k; CapitalOne Venture $30k; Chase Slate $30k; Barclaycard Arrival Plus $25k; Wells Fargo Visa $25k; Amex EveryDay $25k; Barclaycard Ring $15.5k; Lowes $10k; Barclaycard Apple Financing $9.5k; Best Buy $7k; Chase Amazon Rewards Visa $6.5k; misc. store cards

EQ 822; TU 820; EX 819
Message 4 of 8
Jlu
Established Contributor

@LexieCat wrote:

@Jlu wrote:

Actually, I don't think they would necessarily consider that "unreasonable."  Check out this guy's experiment on what Visa's concierge is willing to do:  http://fourhourworkweek.com/2010/05/01/credit-card-concierge/.

Hah, that was entertaining to read. A funny post from the comments section included:

-You need a cake baked/frosted in the form of Obama.

-You need a private human cannonball show for a birthday party.

-You want to know the benefits of having a platinum Discover card.

-You need to find a first person shooter computer game involving aliens and whiskey.

-You need a top 5 or 10 list on the ultimate meaning of life.

-I am stumped on a physics solution to the twin paradox.

-You need a purple come-over wig.

-You want to find a company that will let your pet go skydiving with you. Later today.

-It’s 3AM, you just woke up with a crazy dream. You need to find a dream translator. Pronto.

-You need a fan the size of a car.

-You want to find a service where you can ride in a submarine. With windows if possible.

-You are going to be King Arthur at a costume party. You need the closest thing to Excalibur.

-You need to find the breakfast cereal with the highest amount of nutrition.

-You want to find a Patrick Stewart signed poster.

-You want to find out where to purchase a gigantic GMO fruit or vegetable.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 5 of 8
skigirl916
Established Contributor

The Arrival+ is my faaaaavorite card right now.
Message 6 of 8
peaceonearth
Established Contributor

They could not offer you a first class service in lieu, Barclay hooked you up with Freebee service.

If I call and ask them to find me a cheap Hotel they may hook me up with the nearest shelter.

I am glad the problem is resolved.

Message 7 of 8
jefftca925
Established Contributor

This is a "prime" example of someone that thinks outside the box.  So many companies out there wouldn't do this for someone, but to read this example of "over delivering" is a wonderful read.  Thanks for posting this!

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.