Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arrival+ Question - Airbnb

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Arrival+ Question - Airbnb

I know Barclaycard is very generous in what they consider travel expenses but I was curious if anyone knows if Airbnb is included. It seems more and more people I know are starting to use airbnb over hotels when they travel and the cost savings and/or accommodations are definitely worthwhile. I've been debating between CSP and A+ and if it is included that would make the A+ the one.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Arrival+ Question - Airbnb

I know Home Away codes as Real Estate rental, but I'm not sure about Airbnb. It would be a pain to call in every time if it didn't code to a travel category. Maybe someone else knows more.
Message 2 of 6
dilettante
Established Contributor

Haven't used my Arrival+ for hotels yet but when I used my Citi Prestige WEMC for an Airbnb booking, it was coded as "lodging, hotel, motel, resorts" so I got my 3X travel points for it.  Since Arrival+ is a WEMC, I'd assume that it would be coded the same and would count as travel.

Just looked up FT list of successful reimbursements for Arrival+ and it listed Airbnb, so it looks like it's good to go.

This will be my first time with Airbnb and I booked a huge apartment in Paris for only $4k, so will have to see how it goes.  Only thing I will miss are the services that hotels provide (concierge, ability to easily get things forgotten, etc.)

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 Venture counts Airbnb, so I bet Barclays does too. You'll love Airbnb—we travel and host and it's wonderful. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Airbnb counted as travel on my CSP so I imagine it'll be the same with your card.
Message 5 of 6
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Mine was coded to hotels on my Arrival + back in November

PURCHASED BY: 
ACCOUNT ENDING IN: 
TRANSACTION DATE:11/08/14
POST DATE:11/10/14
AMOUNT:386.00
DESCRIPTION:AIRBNB INC
MERCHANT LOCATION:*415-800-5959 CA
MERCHANT CATEGORY:LODGING HOTELS, MOTELS AND RESORTS
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.