Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arrival+ card holders

tag
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Arrival+ card holders

Personally I'd get in with a one stop shop credit union such as PenFed. Once in you'll save more on better rates than a travel card could give you. As the door opens you'll have access to all their offers. Auto loans, mortgages, Credit cards etc. I still have a foreclosure on my reports. But since becoming a member, I get the same rates on auto loans as someone with a 850 score and no blemishes.

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the arrival+ this January. My TU score at the time was 740-749 (forgot) and had 4 inquiries on TU dated {Sep,Sep,Nov,Dec} of 2014. No negative records. At that time I have no prior exposure with Barclay's credit card branch.

I downgraded this card recently to no-fee version. There're now alternatives to this card i.e. Double Cash, Travel Rewards w/ Platinun Honors
Message 12 of 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

None of the barclay cards are "hard" to get .... What SL you get is the only factor where profile/score really comes into play...   They will give you and Arrival+ probably with a 650 TU, but a low starting line of 1500-2k.  Now a 800 TU would probably get a 10-15k SL... Just generations, but found this somewhat to hold true with Barclay's.

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

None of the barclay cards are "hard" to get .... What SL you get is the only factor where profile/score really comes into play...   They will give you and Arrival+ probably with a 650 TU, but a low starting line of 1500-2k.  Now a 800 TU would probably get a 10-15k SL... Just generations, but found this somewhat to hold true with Barclay's.

This is good to know. I will most likely wait until March and then apply for it.

Message 14 of 19
noobody
Established Contributor

Arrival+ card holders

2.1% cash back on travel with $89 AF and $100 redemption threshold is not worth it beyond signing bonus in my book.

I closed the account even they waived AF on 2nd year

EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 15 of 19
Open123
Super Contributor

@noobody wrote:

2.1% cash back on travel with $89 AF and $100 redemption threshold is not worth it beyond signing bonus in my book.

+1

Right, with the litany free 2% pure cash back cards today, unless one has exorbitant spending abroad, there's no compelling reason to pay a fee for a 2% pseudo cash back card.

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Open123 wrote:

@noobody wrote:

+1

Right, with the litany free 2% pure cash back cards today, unless one has exorbitant spending abroad, there's no compelling reason to pay a fee for a 2% pseudo cash back card.

I'd agree with you if OP had great credit. With a 2011 BK7, some doors are going to be closed (maybe DoubleCash)?

And unless it's in a retirement or other BK-protected account, I'm not sure if OP can put $100k in investments into BofA for Platinum Honors 4-5 years after a BK 7.

By the time it's sensible to close Arrival+, OP should have some better alternatives.

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

My DW recently got the card with a 680 TU score and a $3500 limit. She has over 700 scores on her other 2 bureaus but a medical collection dated 4/14 only showing on TU and $95,000 in total accounts reporting at time of approval.

I think you could get approved. Your Bk is over 4 years old and you have other established credit.

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would try to fatten your file with carefully selected cards you have odds in your favor of getting.

Try the Cabelas Visa. That may work.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.