Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arrival+ open again for applications

tag
happypill
Valued Contributor

Arrival+ open again for applications

The "Apply Now" button is back.  It appears that the nerfs took hold without any added benefits.  With 5% bonus rewards now you'd have to spend about $90k per year to make it better than a standard 2% card.  Still good for the sign-on bonus I guess.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
pennccrn
New Contributor

Re: Arrival+ open again for applications

@happypill wrote:

The "Apply Now" button is back.  It appears that the nerfs took hold without any added benefits.  With 5% bonus rewards now you'd have to spend about $90k per year to make it better than a standard 2% card.  Still good for the sign-on bonus I guess.

Yeah, I go back and forth whether to get rid of this card or not. I'm due for AF renewal. I think I'm going to stick with them for now, but I'm thinking I might jump ship to CSP.

Discover It 12.5K; AmEx SPG 17.5K; Arrival+ WE BarclayCard 18K; BankAmericard Cash 10.5K; Citi Double Cash 8.1K; Credit Union Card 5K; Target Redcard 1K

Starting Score: TU 620 EX 535 EQ 615
Current Score: TU 818 EX 815 EQ 807
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 21
Santi78342
Established Contributor

I think I'll apply after I am done meeting current spend bonuses. Might as well get the 40,000 points while they're still offering it! + it would be my first WEMC! I am guessing Barclays will want to slash my Sallie Mae CL to open it though Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 21
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Outside of the bonus, I think this is so useless at this point....if you do manage to spend over 90k a year on it it offers a slight increase over a DC or Fidelity etc but if you are spending that much money, the little 0.1% extra in rewards is peanuts anyway.

Message 4 of 21
Sharingan
Established Contributor

As I mentioned in a previous thread, the nerf doesn't affect what this card does best, and that's offering a $400 sign up bonus for 1 TU pull. That is a huge bargain in my book because every bank wants EX for me. Barclays seems to be okay with that as well, so it will continue being a popular target for churners. I'm sure they were the majority that were concerned when the card went down.

Message 5 of 21
noobody
Established Contributor

They did complete wrong, they should reduce the signing Bonus and improve the on going benefits, at this point, nobody would keep the card for 2nd year, they give up $400 bonus for nothing.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 6 of 21
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@happypill wrote:

And one of the reported "increases", that you could get the 5% bonus on ALL redemptions, not just travel, doesn't appear to have happened.

Message 7 of 21
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I don't see the application page back up when I checked earlier.. Not that I am going to apply, but wasn't on their site.

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not seeing it either...

Message 9 of 21
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I don't see the application page back up when I checked earlier.. Not that I am going to apply, but wasn't on their site.

image.jpg

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.