Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Arrival-vs-Venture... FIGHT!!!!

I just applied and got shot down with the 7 to 10 day message Smiley Sad

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can check the status of your application over the weekend on their website, check it often. They even show the result on Sunday.
If you got declined, then call on Monday for recon.
Message 12 of 15
dk2003
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just applied and got shot down with the 7 to 10 day message Smiley Sad

RECON... I had to. My address info was off on my CR

Message 13 of 15
happypill
Valued Contributor

Can't tell from your original message, but you have the Venture but haven't yet spent enough to collect the sign-on bonus?  That's the first thing you should do before signing up for more cards if hitting the inital spend is a challenge for you.  There is no amount of rewards you could earn with an Arrival or even a Venture that could make up for the $400 value of the sign-on bonus; especially if youre spending at levels that make meeting that bonus a challenge.  At those spending levels, rewards aren't really worth much.  Sign-on bonus is everything.

Also, if you PC to an Arrival, most likely you will not get the sign-on bonus for that card (could vary on a case-by-case basis).

Message 14 of 15
dk2003
Regular Contributor

@happypill wrote:

Can't tell from your original message, but you have the Venture but haven't yet spent enough to collect the sign-on bonus?  That's the first thing you should do before signing up for more cards if hitting the inital spend is a challenge for you.  There is no amount of rewards you could earn with an Arrival or even a Venture that could make up for the $400 value of the sign-on bonus; especially if youre spending at levels that make meeting that bonus a challenge.  At those spending levels, rewards aren't really worth much.  Sign-on bonus is everything.

Also, if you PC to an Arrival, most likely you will not get the sign-on bonus for that card (could vary on a case-by-case basis).

Hey,

Sorry about the confusion :/ I've only recently acquired the venture, within the week (in the mail). I've got what, 3 months. I think i've got a couple of thosand to spend already, which was why I decided to ap in the first place. A couple of trips planned so I think I'll be ok there. I do agree with the signup bonus. I can certainly benefit from it. As far as barclay goes, I just don't see spending that much on BOTH cards so I think I'll just keep it at the rewards. Speaking with a rep I feel like it'll be best for me but of course she left it open and I've done some research.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.