Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arrival+

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Arrival+

I'm going to downgrade or PC this card shortly. What would be a good card to PC it to? Also, I need to burn off my travel rewards what options do I have to quickly liquidate those rewards? Will an AA gift card do the trick? I spent money on some train tickets and apparently that doesn't qualify as a travel purchase with barclays.  

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
gibeon
Established Contributor

Re: Arrival+

Can you downgrade to the plain Arrival (non plus with no annual fee)?

Also, that's pretty crap that train tickets don't count as travel. Sorry to hear that.

23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 2 of 16
red259
Super Contributor

@gibeon wrote:

Also, that's pretty crap that train tickets don't count as travel. Sorry to hear that.

I can I think, but I'm not sure why I would ever use that card. Was hoping there might be a better fit availkable. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've redeemed for a train ticket. Maybe each ticket transaction was under the $25* minimum per transaction (for all travel redemptions)?

*I think it's $100 now for some accounts.

It looks like some or all Arrival+ cards are now at $100. Some may be at $25. The no-AF version cards (like mine) are still at $25.

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gibeon wrote:

Last summer I used my Arrival+ on Ubers very often but was never able to redeem it. After calling in I found out the transaction amount needs to be over 25 .. might as well ask the uber driver to drive around the airport loop couple more times since I live super close to the airport.

It's an okay card but not the best anymore - I was able to downgrade it to the regular Arrival and now confused about which Barclay's card I should apply for and transfer the limit over.

Message 5 of 16
Nova5041
Frequent Contributor

Well that's retarded that they put a minimum spend amount to redeem on travel!!!

BK 7 Discharged: 5/30/2018
Fico Scores after Discharge: Experian-552 TransUnion- 490 Equifax- 571
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would they allow a PC to the CashForward card? Not sure how beneficial it would be as an addition but just throwing that out as a possible option.
Message 7 of 16
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@red259 wrote:

I'm going to downgrade or PC this card shortly. What would be a good card to PC it to? Also, I need to burn off my travel rewards what options do I have to quickly liquidate those rewards? Will an AA gift card do the trick? I spent money on some train tickets and apparently that doesn't qualify as a travel purchase with barclays.  

The Barclay Rewards card is good for grocery, utility, and gas purchases.

The LL Bean card is good if you like to buy things occasionally at LL Bean. And it's an esthetically beautiful card.

My favorite Barclays card, actually my favorite card overall, is the Ring card, but you can't just PC to it. You would have to apply for it, and then -- whether you get accepted or denied -- call recon and try to get them to transfer the Arrival credit limit to Ring. But I wouldn't bother applying unless your TU score is pretty strong, and you don't have a lot of new accounts and inquiries.

They will be coming out with a JetBlue card soon, which you might want to look at if JetBlue's a go-to airline for you.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I downgraded from the Arrival to the Rewards  a year ago and my miles transfered over to cash back. I didn't have enough to redeem so I thought I was going to lose them, but didn't.

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Or  simply lose your history in 10 years by using one inquiry to apply for the Ring and something else, like the cash forward, wyndham, etc, and move all the limit from the a+ to whichever.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.