Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As of 12/02/2016 - Capital One will NOT convert Secured to anything else

tag
Khalifa_Jayy
Regular Contributor

As of 12/02/2016 - Capital One will NOT convert Secured to anything else

Just called and tried after trying for a CLI online. Obviously, it dind't go through, so I called to ask if I could get it converted to a different product. Cust. Service Rep checked and said currently there can be no product changes made on secured cards, but to try again some other time. I said no thank you and asked to close it out. I had put $900 of my own collateral on that card, and over time they had added $351 of their own. It wasn't worth it for me to keep it, so I asked for him to close it. I'm in a much better place now (largely due to the positive effects of that very same sec. card), so I was ok closing it out. While doing that, I also had him convert my Platinum MasterCard to a QuickSilver to at least get something out of my purchases.

Is there any other CapOne card worth having?

TOTAL CREDIT LIMIT:
FICO:
CREDIT AGE:

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: As of 12/02/2016 - Capital One will NOT convert Secured to anything else

They have been giving out some monster limits on the Venture lately. I am not sure if you are in the position to app for it or not but there have been some pretty good data points on it recently. 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was the card still secured or had you received your deposit back?

Message 3 of 6
Khalifa_Jayy
Regular Contributor

My deposit was still there. I will be receiving $900 back since I've closed it out.

TOTAL CREDIT LIMIT:
FICO:
CREDIT AGE:

Message 4 of 6
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Considering your mountain top thread and success in getting your other Cap1 from 5K to 8K and the other approvals this secured card has served its purpose.  You've moved on and they haven't come up with a plan to convert and keep the additional line open.  There's very few people that actually get to graduate a secured card with Cap1 and this makes things frustrating to have to apply for a new one and take the triple pull to get something more appropriate.  

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.