Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ashamed- Declined for a Secured Card

tag
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Ashamed- Declined for a Secured Card

@Anonymous wrote:

Their is nothing for you to be ashamed of.....hard times and credit challenges happen to many of us.

+1000

Don't give up.  Depending on the negative information on your CR, you may be able to get a store card.  I would liook towards a Sams/Walmart card but you would have to do research on their approval rates based on your credit profile.

Finnaly don't forget a no now could be a yes 6 months to a year later from someone else.  It takes time but it will happen.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 11 of 15
anca21bi
Frequent Contributor

Don't feel alone! I too was declined for a Wells Fargo Secured Card and I banked with them! This was about a year ago when I first learned about secured cards from here and started to fix my credit. I left banking with Wells Fargo and switched back to Bank of America. I applied for an orchard bank unsecured card and received a small credit limit of $320. I'm going to open up a secured card with Bank of America within the next month or so to keep rebuilding. I would also try Hooters Mastercardd. They gave me an unsecured card when nobody would.
Message 12 of 15
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I also totally agree....don't be ashamed at all for being in a bad situation right now.  Especially since you are obviously addressing your issues, trying to clean up what you can & doing all you can to move forward & get some credit back on the positive side.

Post what you can about what your reports show & we'll try & help you with any negativeaccts that are reporting.

Hang in there....you have a ton of wisdom here on the boards & we ALL want to see you improve!!!

I love this place....I'd still be in the FICO toilet without them!!  Smiley Sad

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 13 of 15
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Wells Fargo website says "No liens" to get the secured card.  I assume that means if you have unpaid account, you don't qualify. 

Does anyone know exactly what that means?   

Message 14 of 15
kball64
Frequent Contributor

National City approved me for a secured card when my scores were in the low 500's.  They don't unsecure but it will give you an opportunity to establish some positive history. 
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.