cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ashley Furniture card - wells fargo discontinued?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ashley Furniture card - wells fargo discontinued?

Does anyone have any details on why , at least in missouri, wells fargo no longer issues ashely store cards? My wife and I went in to buy a couple end tables and brought our wells fargo card.  When we got to check out the lady said, "oh we don't use this anymore, we now use syncronity?(spelling?)" I know that is the same issuer of Sam's and others.  I went online and my wells fargo account is still active.  So I am wondering if they will bring them back after a contract is over or if I should attempt to reallocate the credit limit ($4,600) to a new wells fargo card? anyone have insight?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ashley Furniture card - wells fargo discontinued?

I'd try and reallocate the limit. It is doing you no good at this point. You can/will have to open another Ashely card with synchrony if you want the financing promotions. I'm surprised they didn't send you any information in the ema regarding the change.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

We were surprised we didn't receive any notification either (unless we through it away on accident).  We opened the account in 2013 when we bought our house and paid it off early 2015.  We ended up putting our purchase that day on our Citi Double Cash card which might have turned out better as we got a 25% discount for not fianancing.  I just looked on Wells site and didn't see any reallocation links anywhere.  Do you know if you can do this online or do I have to call? The only other card I have done that with was Captial one, it was an easy click online. I also do not have another wells fargo credit card, any suggestions?

Message 3 of 4
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Probably going to have to call and see if a reallocation is possible.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.