Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask A Back Office CC Company Employee ANYTHING

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ask A Back Office CC Company Employee ANYTHING

let me try and me more clear Smiley Embarassed

When looking at someones credit report and you are reviewing other accounts the applicant has. if you see the applicant has an american express account is that a good factor ? or is american express looked as just another lender. since they are so "prestigious".

hopefully this time it makes sense .. 

thanks for al least trying to understand it.  

Message 111 of 421
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Does it particularly matter or have a negative impact on approval for a higher limit regular bank card if you have nothing but accounts from the likes of Fingerhut, Credit One, First Premier, etc but those accounts have been maintained well as in no derogs or anything but the limits are low (think $250-500 limits)? I'm also referring to certain types of store cards too.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 112 of 421
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

I have 3 Amex accounts. On one of my amex accounts, i paid from 3 checking accounts. I forgot that one the checking accounts didnt have enough money. Long story short, my Amex account didnt get the money because i dont have overdraft protection in my checking account. I quickly added money to the checking account in question and paid my Amex account manually, but now Amex system keeps trying to take the money out of the same checking account about every 2 weeks and keep charging and waiving my Return payment fee. They keep telling me that this wont affect my internal score. 

My question is, will this actually affect my internal score? I've called numerous times and told them that i already made the payment manually. They say the can see i did, but they cant stop the system from trying to continue trying to take the payment from my checking account.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 113 of 421
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

When looking at someones credit report and you are reviewing other accounts the applicant has. if you see the applicant has an american express account is that a good factor ? or is american express looked as just another lender. since they are so "prestigious".

I'll give you the answer to that.  No, it doesn't matter.  American Express is just one creditor among many and they aren't that difficult to get a card from.

Message 114 of 421
EW800
Valued Contributor

@KneelBeforeZod wrote:
Best. Thread. Ever.

I agree, but sure hope that we do not drive the OP crazy.  It will be quite a task keeping up with all this!  Smiley Happy

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2023: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $48.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $22.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $21K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $296K
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $10 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 115 of 421
Deltadog03
Established Contributor

Awesome...Thank you for your responses...I know we all appreciate it.

EQ8: 646 EQ5: 652 V3.0: 665 **8/2015
TU8: 635 TU4: 700 V3.0 :663 **8/2015
EX8: 636 EX3: 670 V3.0: ? **8/2015
CCD Util 35%

Message 116 of 421
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh yeah.

Message 117 of 421
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Irish! 

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'll give you the answer to that.  No, it doesn't matter.  American Express is just one creditor among many and they aren't that difficult to get a card from.

Message 118 of 421
skigirl916
Established Contributor

@WNA888 wrote:

@newUser0 wrote:

Which Credit card company?

Otherwise how can we apply anything you say?

Because almost all the top CC companies, if not all, operate the same way when it comes to back end operations. Yes, customer service varies significantly but not the stuff behind the scene.

I know for a fact that's not true, as I have two close friends who are executives in very large banks whose operations are like night-and-day: Chase and Wells Fargo. They are friends, too. They share and laugh about how different certain aspects of their UW are.

Message 119 of 421
skigirl916
Established Contributor

@WNA888 wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:

@WNA888 wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:

How does the Initial CL work?

Well, our system pulls a copy of your CR, and it follows strict underwriting criteria on how much credit to give you. We calculate your avg credit line and highest credit line, and we try to give you as high as possible, but it's determined by your current utilization rate and stuff. We tend to give more CLs to people that DONT need it (i.e., have low utilization). People who have high utilization %, we give a low limit cause it seems like they are trying to survive paying bills while unemployeed and living on credit cards.

That makes sense, but it is a confirmed fact that average credit lines or higher CL = larger starting ones?

Yes, if you have large CLs, we tend to give you large ones also. 

See! That's what I've been saying and people didn't believe me. Smiley Happy Thanks for the validation, at least as to your bank!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 120 of 421
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.