Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask A Back Office CC Company Employee ANYTHING

tag
WNA888
New Contributor

Re: Ask A Back Office CC Company Employee ANYTHING

@DueDilligence wrote:

Why do costumer service associates give you such a hard time when trying to get connected to a credit analyst and practically forbid you?

The job of our front line general CS reps is help answer customers' questions. They also do not have a lot of power except basic functions on your account. We have real time analytics on the "performance" of our CS reps, like how long is the avg duration of a phone call (less is better), if the customer going to be transferred to a different dept (preferable no), does the customer call back again soon afterward, etc. Some of our reps are very competitive and want high ratings; others, not as much. My advice is that when you have a complex issues, find a backdoor #. 

Barclaycard TU FICO Score : 826 [1/12/15]
Message 131 of 421
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@vladrad wrote:

I was saying 500k in savings and no debt +200k income a year is not enouf to be approved for 100-200k limit?

omg then Idk how some people on this forum advertise in signatures limits like that.

The ones I've seen in signatures have been total extended credit, not one single card (unless you count NPSL but that's a different animal anyway).  I mean, I just added up your cards in your signature and I see 72.75K total so that's pretty close to 100K total.

No, there have been a few people with very large CLs on one card.   In the three cases I can think of (one was $250K) two were Chase Palladiam, which, as OP says, isn't available except by invitation, and the other was a public Citi card that the owner had had for a long time, and managed to get a ~ $150K 

I just mentioned that they were the ones I've seen - I haven't seen the others (yet) that I noticed, just ones that say in their signature that their total available credit is X amount.  I won't dispute that someone can have a CL of over $100K but the chances of it being a SL that way is slim without a specific invitation, it would have to be nurtured and cared for over a long time, as you've indicated.  And there are plenty of cards that have those exclusive high limits or annual spend requirements (looking at you, Centurion).

Message 132 of 421
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@vladrad wrote:

I was saying 500k in savings and no debt +200k income a year is not enouf to be approved for 100-200k limit?

omg then Idk how some people on this forum advertise in signatures limits like that.

The ones I've seen in signatures have been total extended credit, not one single card (unless you count NPSL but that's a different animal anyway).  I mean, I just added up your cards in your signature and I see 72.75K total so that's pretty close to 100K total.

No, there have been a few people with very large CLs on one card.   In the three cases I can think of (one was $250K) two were Chase Palladiam, which, as OP says, isn't available except by invitation, and the other was a public Citi card that the owner had had for a long time, and managed to get a ~ $150K 

True but he was referring to limits in signatures and I don't think those people were putting the limits in their sigs.  I'm pretty sure what Vladrad is seeing is total limits listed.  Regardless, to get those kinds of limits he needs to be asking his bank.

Message 133 of 421
WNA888
New Contributor

@Habibimo wrote:

Internal total credit exposure has to do with individual's income? Debt? Available credit? What sets that limit?

And for instance if my total credit exposure is supposed to be 25k, is there anything that will allow the bank to change that 25k to a higher or lower  number?

Yes to all those you mentioned, in addition to your relationship with us, how long you been with us, your internal score with our proprietary model, FICO score, and what our risk model thinks your initial CL should be.

We don't give you a maximum CL when you appy for your first card, because we expect customers to sign up for our other products in the future and get approved without crossing the maximum exposure.  If you want a higher CL, asks a CS to put the amount of the CL you want into the computer, and it goes through the underwriting software, and you'll know. 

Barclaycard TU FICO Score : 826 [1/12/15]
Message 134 of 421
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@vladrad wrote:

True but he was referring to limits in signatures and I don't think those people were putting the limits in their sigs.  I'm pretty sure what Vladrad is seeing is total limits listed.  Regardless, to get those kinds of limits he needs to be asking his bank.

The Palladium people were, which is how I know!    But yes, needs to ask his lender

Message 135 of 421
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@WNA888 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What flags are added to someone's account if they have a high cl, and only make 1 or 2 purchases on their account every month or even every few months (putting the cards under the pillow for a period of time).

If someone always pame their card off right when the transaction posts to the card instead of waiting for them all to accumulate and get the bill, is this looked down upon?

1. For my bank, no flag at all. There's no risks to us if a person doesn't use the card as much as we'd like.  However, that doesn't mean you can sock drawer it for 2 years and expect it to still be working when you need it. I recommend sure you use it at least once every 6 months though. 

2. No it's not looked down upon at our bank. The caveat is that as long as it's coming from 1 (or maybe 2) banks. If it comes from many different sources (BlueBird, MO, ACH, etc), then the acct gets flagged and a person in our compliance department reviews your account to make sure you aren't money laundering  or doing illegal acitivities. 

I see....Very intereting indeed.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 136 of 421
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@vladrad wrote:

The Palladium people were, which is how I know!    But yes, needs to ask his lender

Don't argue with me!  😀😀 Missed that poster.  Be very nice to have limits like that but alas, out of my league.

Message 137 of 421
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if some of us have a CC from your bank.

Message 138 of 421
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

This really helps on the High CL and usage question. Thanks Again

Message 139 of 421
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I wonder if some of us have a CC from your bank.

Come on...Let it alone alraedy lol. They won't tell you.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 140 of 421
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.