Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask A Back Office CC Company Employee ANYTHING

tag
Boragard
Established Contributor

Re: Ask A Back Office CC Company Employee ANYTHING

Ok guys, what is SCTs & SARs?  Not all of these abbreviations are in the abbreviations guide.  It would be nice if people spelled out the word first then used abbreviations in subsequent sentences so everyone will know what is being said.

Message 291 of 421
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Boragard wrote:

Ok guys, what is SCTs & SARs?  Not all of these abbreviations are in the abbreviations guide.  It would be nice if people spelled out the word first then used abbreviations in subsequent sentences so everyone will know what is being said.

Not quite sure what SCT is but SAR = Suspicious Activity Report

Message 292 of 421
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Boragard wrote:

The SCT = Shopping Cart Trick. A termed coined for a soft apprval for store cards. SAR and CTRs are a different thing altogether and can't be compared to SCT  at all.

Message 293 of 421
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Boragard wrote:

SCT is "Shopping Cart Trick" - it's for the Comenity Bank issued store cards.  

Message 294 of 421
Boragard
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Boragard wrote:

The SCT = Shopping Cart Trick. A termed coined for a soft apprval for store cards. SAR and CTRs are a different thing altogether and can't be compared to SCT  at all.

Ok thanks for answering, but now I need to know what CTRs are...

Message 295 of 421
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Boragard wrote:

Ok thanks for answering, but now I need to know what CTRs are...

CTR = Currency Transaction Report

Only applies to cash either deposited or withdrawn OVER $10,000 in a single business day.

Starts at $10,000.01 - if its $10k even, no report is generated.

It may be  multiple transactions that add to over $10k, the key is that it's the same account and same business day.

EDIT: it *may* be same SSN as long as it's the same company.  

For instance, you deposited $6k in checking and $5k in savings within the same bank, same day.  

Teller will be filling out a CTR on you before you leave.

Message 296 of 421
linux007969
Established Contributor

Ok i have a question but let me first run my sanario.......

I have credit cards with Bank of America, when i have asked for increases they were recently saying that i don't have enough income and have reached the max exposure so last time i had them transfer 2k from my BBR card to my Cash Rewards card to make it 5k via their Executive Office.....

Eventhough they said i was at the max exposure for my income, how was it possible then that they were able to issue me a Business Credit Card? For the business card i had to go through a manual review and was asked a ton of questions but was approved with no prior business credit, and was issued a card without having to take credit from another card.

Did i get lucky?

What would be the reason why any bank would say i have reached the max exposure for my income but still issue a pg business credit card?

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 297 of 421
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@vikingred wrote:

How often do you file SARs?  If/when you do does it automatically equal acct closed by grantor?  Take a minute if you would and list some things customers do that trigger a SAR filing.  Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure that the OPs employer, or FINCEN, would want the trigger points for SARs to be posted.   We are dealing with Federal felony territory here, not "How can I maximize my chance for a CLI"

Message 298 of 421
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@vikingred wrote:

Oh I have another question, sorry for double post. 

On major CCCs where it's a SP for CLI, if I keep banging on the LUV button weekly like a fool, and keep getting denied, does that affect internal risk score or make me look like a desparate moron?

Desperate. Smiley Wink. Think he answered a similar question earlier.  Worthwhile to read the entire thread, but I know a lot of folks won't. Just a friendly reminder, CL's and Mods have requested that everyone read from the beginning, so we don't duplicate questions.

On another note, seems like OP is not daily log on, or MIA.  We don't know if the thread will continue, or if this is too overwhelming at this point.  Just a heads up.

Signature needs updating
Message 299 of 421
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Sorry if this has been answered before. I searched through about 12 pages then got impatient.

Feel free to point me in the right direction if this was already answered.

Will a bank perform an A A or close my account if I am using the card simply for high rewards categories? I imagine I am not a profitable CC holder for most of my cards, but my payment history is perfect and I PIF unless I have an intro APR offer.

For example, if I only use my Sallie Mae Mastercard for gas, groceries, or Bookstore purchases, can I expect my tenure with the company to be brief?

Again, please read the entire thread.  This was answered in a similar question.  No, they don't even seem to mind if you sock drawer the card for awhile (with the friendly reminder to pull it out every six months).  You are fine.

Signature needs updating
Message 300 of 421
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.