Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask A Back Office CC Company Employee ANYTHING

tag
WNA888
New Contributor

Re: Ask A Back Office CC Company Employee ANYTHING

@longtimelurker wrote:

As others have said, thanks for doing this.    Question about closed by issuer vs closed by consumer.

We know, or think we know, that FICO doesn't care for score purposes who closed a card.   But on manual review, how important are they?   I am assuming one or two closed by credit granter is OK (maybe closed for non use) but several,especially near in time or from different issuers?  How bad is that?

Thanks

If 2 of more accounts from different creditors were closed by grantors in a close time frame, internal risks models puts your account under a microscope, probably more SPs and maybe a manual review.  For FICO purpose, your scores remains the same regardless of who closed the account.

Barclaycard TU FICO Score : 826 [1/12/15]
Message 361 of 421
Anonymous
Not applicable

In terms of maximizing your chances of being approved for multiple cards, do you recommend applying in sprees or spreading applications out every few months throughout the year? Some people advocate for sprees since your earlier spree approvals might not be reporting yet. On the other hand, some people say spreading them out and letting them report is better so you don't seem as credit hungry in a short period of time. What are your thoughts for both theories for maximizing your chances for being approved for multiple cards?

Message 362 of 421
Aarvard
Established Contributor

@WNA888 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, I have two questions:

1.  How does the internal model view authorized users?  Is an AU account given the same weight as an individual account?  For instance, I'm an AU on DH Amex with perfect history for 20+ years, but I now realize I really need to build my own credit and don't have many other tradetlines.  Will I get the full consideration as an AU?  Any difference between AU as a spouse versus other types of AU, or are all AUs viewed the same? 

2.  If an app was recon/reviewed manually, how do the analysts view AU accounts?

And, thanks for all the info -- very, very helpful!!!!

1] No, AU is not given the same weight as an individual account. All AU accounts are considered the same regardless if the main account holder is your DH, DW, BF, GF, nanny, caretaker, etc. We don't know your relationship to the account holder.  If you have no individual accounts, then yes, FICO does give you a huge boost in your FICO score. This is called piggybacking.  It actually does help a lot in getting you approved. With that being said, it is given very little weight on the internal score because it's simply not your account. When you submit your application, both your internal and FICO score is considered, so having a high FICO score with a because of an AU account will give you a higher chance of getting approved.  I use this method to get my little brother approved for a lot of prime cards the same month he turned 18, even when he didn't have any individual account.

2] If your account wasn't auto-approved, then analysts usually ignore AU accounts. Fo

Now you say that, so if I'm a brandnew customer, do I have the internal score when I apply for your bank's credit card? Will my internal score be 0, or your internal score system just pulls the information out of the credit report, plugs in the algorithm, generates an internal score then uses it together with FICO scores to evaluate the application?

03/25/2015 TU 08 765, EX 08 747, EQ 08 757, EQ 04 754.
01/30/2016 TU 08 775, EX 08 752, EQ 08 744
Goal: 780+ across all models.
Message 363 of 421
WNA888
New Contributor

@JSS3 wrote:

I think, going forward, we need a thread with only the questions for the OP and no other side talks. It's going to be a lot for him to come back and comb over everything in order to answer them, especially with his job(and whatever else he may have going on).

Even though your post is very well intentioned, it is not necessary to implement this idea at all. I enjoy reading the comments people have on each other questions and the occasional "side talks." I scanned through messages very fast so it barely takes any time to read.

So everyone feel free to comment on my posts, other people questions, etc.

I believe all questions from Post 1 to 253 are now answered. Just a friendly reminder, while I go mainly answer questions in the order it is asked, I do sometimes answer a few  recently posted questions out of sequence every now and then. I will get to your question.  It may seem like there's a lot of questions ahead of yours, but remember a lot of posts do not contain a question for me, so hang tight Smiley Happy

Message 364 of 421
WNA888
New Contributor

@Aarvard wrote:

@WNA888 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

1.  How does the internal model view authorized users?  Is an AU account given the same weight as an individual account?  For instance, I'm an AU on DH Amex with perfect history for 20+ years, but I now realize I really need to build my own credit and don't have many other tradetlines.  Will I get the full consideration as an AU?  Any difference between AU as a spouse versus other types of AU, or are all AUs viewed the same? 

2.  If an app was recon/reviewed manually, how do the analysts view AU accounts?

1] No, AU is not given the same weight as an individual account. All AU accounts are considered the same regardless if the main account holder is your DH, DW, BF, GF, nanny, caretaker, etc. We don't know your relationship to the account holder.  If you have no individual accounts, then yes, FICO does give you a huge boost in your FICO score. This is called piggybacking.  It actually does help a lot in getting you approved. With that being said, it is given very little weight on the internal score because it's simply not your account. When you submit your application, both your internal and FICO score is considered, so having a high FICO score with a because of an AU account will give you a higher chance of getting approved.  I use this method to get my little brother approved for a lot of prime cards the same month he turned 18, even when he didn't have any individual account.

2] If your account wasn't auto-approved, then analysts usually ignore AU accounts. Fo

Now you say that, so if I'm a brandnew customer, do I have the internal score when I apply for your bank's credit card? Will my internal score be 0, or your internal score system just pulls the information out of the credit report, plugs in the algorithm, generates an internal score then uses it together with FICO scores to evaluate the application?

Yes, the answer is highlited in blue. Smiley Happy Of course we also use info from your application, internal and external databases.

Message 365 of 421
chwebb1
Established Contributor

@WNA888 wrote:

@Aarvard wrote:

@WNA888 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, the answer is highlited in blue. Smiley Happy Of course we also use info from your application, internal and external databases.

What kind of external databases do you use?

Also, I know a while ago in the thread, you said that paying with multiple accounts can send up a red flag to the bank. How do you decide between someone who is laundering money vs someone who likes their bank accounts like their credit: diversified?

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 366 of 421
compassion101
Established Contributor

How can some banks give out so much in rewards? 6% at grocery stores, 5% at gas, 3% at places etc. Aren't swipe fees normally in the 1-2.5% range? I understand loss leaders sometimes but it seems like they'd be losing money permanently on some of these deals, which, of course, can't be true. Any info you can give on that?

Message 367 of 421
Anonymous
Not applicable

@compassion101 wrote:

How can some banks give out so much in rewards? 6% at grocery stores, 5% at gas, 3% at places etc. Aren't swipe fees normally in the 1-2.5% range? I understand loss leaders sometimes but it seems like they'd be losing money permanently on some of these deals, which, of course, can't be true. Any info you can give on that?

I can help you partially with that one. Annual fees in some cases, Potential Interest in others. We are a very different type of consumer than the average and are honestly nowhere near as profitable as the norm.

Message 368 of 421
chwebb1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@compassion101 wrote:

I can help you partially with that one. Annual fees in some cases, Potential Interest in others. We are a very different type of consumer than the average and are honestly nowhere near as profitable as the norm.

Speaking of, how do banks view the typical MyFICO forums member: someone who almost always PIFs and keeps low balances? Do banks ever look at "This customer might not be profitable for us" and factor this into lending decisions? If so, why don't banks ask on credit apps "Do you generally PIF or revolve balances"?

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 369 of 421
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

Can you tell more about the internal scoring? Kind of like in FICO payment history is 30%. What factors immpact internal score it the most and what advice can you give to get a more favorable internal score?
TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 370 of 421
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.