Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask for CareCredit CLI, should i??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ask for CareCredit CLI, should i??

Hi Guys,

I was one of the members that had all SB accounts locked for few days, after i paid BR and Walmart in full (>500) my accounts came back and since then i have no problems, spent over 1k last month  (24 month offer) and so far so good.

Now, i need to use my CareCredit for some dental work for about 4k total, i only have 8k CL, i am ok taking a HP in order to increase my limit but i am scare, in total with SB i have 97k, the true is that i don't need it but its helping me in my Total Util, anyways, last time that i asked for a CLI ( 4-5 months ago) i was told that i have to lowered my Limit in one of my cards in order to acomodated the increase, i lowered my Lowes limit from 35k to 29k and my CLI was approved, in order to get a CareCredit increase do i have to do the same?.

I don't mind to close my Paypal (i don't use it much), now that walmart and sams are the same i can keep just one but i'm waiting for the MC offer and after that decided which one i keep.

So the reason i will ask for a cli is because i don't want to have 50% util on the card, i want to be less than 29% and beside that i don't want to be denied because i am at 97k.

Any advice will be great.

Thank you in advance guys.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Ask for CareCredit CLI, should i??

Total exposure with Sync is approx 100k so I would suggest you lowering or closing a card that you don't use with them if you want a CLI on CareCredit.. Keep in mind it is a HP and not worth a 3k CLI for you if you are at 97k already.. I would drop a few of your other CL down on other accounts or close etc before asking for one.  Just my take.

Message 2 of 10
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Total exposure with Sync is approx 100k so I would suggest you lowering or closing a card that you don't use with them if you want a CLI on CareCredit.. Keep in mind it is a HP and not worth a 3k CLI for you if you are at 97k already.. I would drop a few of your other CL down on other accounts or close etc before asking for one.  Just my take.

+1

While a handful of people have reported going over $100k with Synch, the majority of folks with high exposure (at least on here) have reported having to reallocate, so if it were me I would preemptively lower my exposure as well, especially if you have some dead weight you won't miss anyway (and especially if you've been required to reallocate previously).

That way when you go for the Care Credit CLI there won't be any snafus to derail the process, and you can concentrate on the CLI itself rather than negotiating a reallocation at that point. 

Just my 2¢.  Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good advice here, OP.Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

A take + 2 cents = good advice Smiley Happy

Agree, lower exposure first then ask cli, less complications. Best of luckSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you guys, i would do that, start making call next week and update later.

Thank you.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone weaseled out a soft pull increase with Care Credit? I'm kind of in the same boat. I already ran mine up pretty high vet bills, have yet to start my dental work
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Has anyone weaseled out a soft pull increase with Care Credit? I'm kind of in the same boat. I already ran mine up pretty high vet bills, have yet to start my dental work

No, unfortunately. It is always a hard pull.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guys,

I decided to call SB today and yes i got my CareCredit increased, now i am sitting at 16.8K that was 8.8K increase Smiley Very Happy

Here what i did;

PayPal MC from 10K to 5K

Lowe's from 29k to 5K --> the CSR asked me twice, is this correct Sr lol.

SAM's from 10K to 5K

BR from 10K to 5K

By the way, i asked for 25K but i was countered with 16.8K and a TU HP Smiley Frustrated

Thank you guys for all your help.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your increase and I think you were smart to lower some of your exposure Smiley Happy 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.