Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ask for amex x3 cli or wait?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
BARCLAY fico 719
INQ 6-8

What are the limits on your other cards? I am asking these questions to see why your starting limit is 2k.  They use the information in your entire file to make the initial decision as to how much to approve you for. So I hope you don't mind me asking..

And how old is your file? Short history could be a factor.

Agreed..

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barc 2k disc 1.7k (cli to 2.2k ystdy)
consumer
lowes 6k conns 5k care cred 3k
util aprox 40% income 80k
The 2 other new cards I was approved for were chase freedom (7k) and slate (5.5k) - (I was freaking out)
I plan on closing care cred and barcl after BT to the new slate
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Barc 2k disc 1.7k (cli to 2.2k ystdy)
consumer
lowes 6k conns 5k care cred 3k
util aprox 40% income 80k
The 2 other new cards I was approved for were chase freedom (7k) and slate (5.5k) - (I was freaking out)
I plan on closing care cred and barcl after BT to the new slate

That utilization might hurt your chances. I think I'd get that paid down first.

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haven't pulled my report so best I can figure on my own is 2yrs aaoa
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

How about my profile, waiting for card to arrive:

Amex BCE - $9.3K limit

2 other cards, Sallie Mae with $8.4K and Chase Freedom with $4k

1 enquiry in June 2014, 1 enquiry in Nov 2014, mortgage enquiry in May 2015 and Amex inquiry in July 2015

Fico score as per Sallie Mae : 735

All balances to 0, except letting Sallie Mae report a balance

Total util is > 10% overall

Individual Credit history since June 2014

Been AU on my wife CC, since Jan 2014

What are my chances to get a CLI?

Thanks

Message 15 of 20
newhis
Valued Contributor

I don't know why people get nervous, it is only a SP CLI request. Worst case you need to wait 90 days to try again, that's not a big deal.

My DW got her card with 3.5K @ 12.9%, tried at activation no-go, waited 70 days no-go, waited 25 more days approved.

My card was 2K @ 20.9%, tried after 2 weeks approved. Best thing is that this card reported as 6k to bureaus and not 2k then 6k. Maybe that helped with my 15k Venture.

OP, you got other cards at the same time, those don't show on the last SP Amex have that they'll use for your CLI. If you decide to wait, then when you will apply? In 2 months? I bet that those cards will show on the SP they will use for your CLI, do you think they will be more willing to increase your limit with or without those cards on your report?

@nitrous, the amex is your biggest limit, you can ask up to 3X. Some report that if they ask 25K they ask for tax documents. If you want to avoid that, ask for less.

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

To a certain degree, with them showing. Higher limit cards, util will be lower, and a little time to show good use of the card with pif etc....... But there are negatives to that as well (3 new accts, aaoa) so I'm really not 100% sure which is why I was curious to hear yalls opinion
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nervous came from drawing attention to a new account holder who just opened 3 accts in one day. Not being denied a sp cli.
Message 18 of 20
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Nervous came from drawing attention to a new account holder who just opened 3 accts in one day. Not being denied a sp cli.

They will use the last SP they have on you. If you request the CLI right now, they won't see the other accounts, if you wait and they SP you again before next request, they will see your new accounts and maybe even with balances.

Your choice.

The computer will evaluate the information that it finds, don't worry about attention. You will only draw attention when the system finds red flags and then they have to review your income or do AA like CLD. The system will not flag you for getting 3 cards at the same time. If you rack up util or start missing payments then you will draw attention. Good luck.

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know what the red flags are, thanks
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.