Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asked for Macy's store card upgrade

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Asked for Macy's store card upgrade

I called today and asked for Macy's store card upgrade to Macy's Amex. They said, I'll know in 30 days if it is approved or not. I am holding my breath, as they declined twice for the Visa Upgrade request. Not sure this time it would make any difference at all.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Asked for Macy's store card upgrade

I can't imagine why they wouldn't give you one, I mean nobody declines you Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 18
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I can't imagine why they wouldn't give you one, I mean nobody declines you Smiley Happy

I had my share of declines. Macy's seem to be one of the tougest for me to get upgrade. In the last 3 years I tried twice and both times the declined. This is the last time I am going to trying and after that it will join my $200 Target Card in my sock drawer. I do love shopping at Macy's and love their deep discounts for Macy's store card owners. I just never understand their reason for the Visa Upgrade though. Let us see what happens this time.

Message 3 of 18
MrShush
Valued Contributor

I'd like to know if that works. I really don't use my Macy's store card anymore because it seemed like everytime I did, it would immediately report to EQ and I took a hit for 10 points due to a measly $50 balance. But, I wouldn't mind having another card that reported a limit either.

Message 4 of 18
oracles
Valued Contributor

But does the macy's amex card report a Cl on your reports or is it like a real amex card that is consider a charged card and it does not report a  CL.

ETA: also will it be a hard inq if i ask for an ugrade to the amex?

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Red1Blue wrote:

I called today and asked for Macy's store card upgrade to Macy's Amex. They said, I'll know in 30 days if it is approved or not. I am holding my breath, as they declined twice for the Visa Upgrade request. Not sure this time it would make any difference at all.

Last time I asked them if they can upgrade my store card their answer was that the only way to get an macy's amex is to simply apply for a new card, a total new trade line, which means...no such thing as an upgrade. I am now wondering if I should call and try again.....looking forward to hear the good news from you soon! 

Message 6 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Red1Blue wrote:

Last time I asked them if they can upgrade my store card their answer was that the only way to get an macy's amex is to simply apply for a new card, a total new trade line, which means...no such thing as an upgrade. I am now wondering if I should call and try again.....looking forward to hear the good news from you soon! 

well it is an application to add a new credit line for the amex and will result in a hard pull.

You do have a credit line and it does report that credit line and it's revolving not a charge card

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand that it is an application, but my only concern is that whether they will replace the store card or simply adding a new line. 

Message 8 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

it's a second line of credit

Message 9 of 18
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

I just got approved for the store card and called in and asked if i could upgrade to the american express card and they told me they put in a request but it wouldn't result in a hard pull. Havent called back and checked the status on the upgrade yet

amazon
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.