Reply
Super Contributor
concorduser
Posts: 6,026
Registered: ‎09-18-2007
0

Asked for Macy's store card upgrade

I called today and asked for Macy's store card upgrade to Macy's Amex. They said, I'll know in 30 days if it is approved or not. I am holding my breath, as they declined twice for the Visa Upgrade request. Not sure this time it would make any difference at all.

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict
Posts: 21,607
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: Asked for Macy's store card upgrade

I can't imagine why they wouldn't give you one, I mean nobody declines you :smileyhappy:

Fico Scores: EQ- 653 Cap1., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
65 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Super Contributor
concorduser
Posts: 6,026
Registered: ‎09-18-2007
0

Re: Asked for Macy's store card upgrade


Creditaddict wrote:

I can't imagine why they wouldn't give you one, I mean nobody declines you :smileyhappy:


I had my share of declines. Macy's seem to be one of the tougest for me to get upgrade. In the last 3 years I tried twice and both times the declined. This is the last time I am going to trying and after that it will join my $200 Target Card in my sock drawer. I do love shopping at Macy's and love their deep discounts for Macy's store card owners. I just never understand their reason for the Visa Upgrade though. Let us see what happens this time.

 

Valued Contributor
MrShush
Posts: 1,412
Registered: ‎04-18-2008
0

Re: Asked for Macy's store card upgrade

I'd like to know if that works. I really don't use my Macy's store card anymore because it seemed like everytime I did, it would immediately report to EQ and I took a hit for 10 points due to a measly $50 balance. But, I wouldn't mind having another card that reported a limit either.

Valued Contributor
oracles
Posts: 1,699
Registered: ‎08-18-2007
0

Re: Asked for Macy's store card upgrade

[ Edited ]

But does the macy's amex card report a Cl on your reports or is it like a real amex card that is consider a charged card and it does not report a  CL.

 

 

ETA: also will it be a hard inq if i ask for an ugrade to the amex?

Regular Contributor
howhow16
Posts: 126
Registered: ‎01-31-2010
0

Re: Asked for Macy's store card upgrade

[ Edited ]

 


concorduser wrote:

I called today and asked for Macy's store card upgrade to Macy's Amex. They said, I'll know in 30 days if it is approved or not. I am holding my breath, as they declined twice for the Visa Upgrade request. Not sure this time it would make any difference at all.


Last time I asked them if they can upgrade my store card their answer was that the only way to get an macy's amex is to simply apply for a new card, a total new trade line, which means...no such thing as an upgrade. I am now wondering if I should call and try again.....looking forward to hear the good news from you soon! 

 

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict
Posts: 21,607
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: Asked for Macy's store card upgrade

 


howhow16 wrote:

 


concorduser wrote:

I called today and asked for Macy's store card upgrade to Macy's Amex. They said, I'll know in 30 days if it is approved or not. I am holding my breath, as they declined twice for the Visa Upgrade request. Not sure this time it would make any difference at all.


Last time I asked them if they can upgrade my store card their answer was that the only way to get an macy's amex is to simply apply for a new card, a total new trade line, which means...no such thing as an upgrade. I am now wondering if I should call and try again.....looking forward to hear the good news from you soon! 

 


 

well it is an application to add a new credit line for the amex and will result in a hard pull.

You do have a credit line and it does report that credit line and it's revolving not a charge card

Fico Scores: EQ- 653 Cap1., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
65 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Regular Contributor
howhow16
Posts: 126
Registered: ‎01-31-2010
0

Re: Asked for Macy's store card upgrade

I understand that it is an application, but my only concern is that whether they will replace the store card or simply adding a new line. 

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict
Posts: 21,607
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: Asked for Macy's store card upgrade

it's a second line of credit

Fico Scores: EQ- 653 Cap1., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
65 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Frequent Contributor
tsquad131
Posts: 474
Registered: ‎09-12-2010
0

Re: Asked for Macy's store card upgrade

I just got approved for the store card and called in and asked if i could upgrade to the american express card and they told me they put in a request but it wouldn't result in a hard pull. Havent called back and checked the status on the upgrade yet

FICO scores - 727 TU(Walmart)/ 727 EX(Amex app)/ 721 EQ(Discover app)
In My Wallet: BankAmericard Cash Rewards($2,000), Discover More($3,000), Chase Freedom($2,000), Fidelity Amex($1,000), Sam's Club Discover($4,400), SallieMae 5% Mastercard($5,000), Amex BCE($2,000) ,Citi Simplicity($2,000), Paypal SmartConnect($3,100), Walmart Store Card($2,350), Chase Amazon Visa($700), Target RedCard($500), Capital One Cash Rewards($750), Best Buy Store Card($1,900), HHGregg($2,000), Amazon Store Card($1,250),Newegg Preferred Account($2,000), Park West($2,000), BankAmericard Travel Rewards($5,000)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}