Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asking for a CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Asking for a CLI

Ive had one card for almost 18months..never late (always a month ahead actually) and paid off twice. It's about 55% util (169/300..it was 290/300) until my next payment on the 16h posts and wipes out the balance. Why are they not giving me a CLI?? They tell me they just can't at this time..if it wouldn't hurt my score, I'd close it.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Asking for a CLI

What type of issuer is the card? Discover? Capital one?

Certain banks are stingy with CLI's(from what ive read Smiley Happy)

Message 2 of 5
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

They are probably waiting for your credit score to improve.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 3 of 5
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Sub-prime Banks rarely give out CLI...they want to keep collecting AF as long as they could.

Best thing to do if you have to start with sub-prime, let your card age for a bit and than app with prime banks.

It's a process but you have to have patience.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well don't close the card or account that's is for sure not the right thing to do.  Just hang in there you need to keep up what your doing only time will tell like years!  If it were easy then everyone would have good credit dont give up.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.