Asking for guidance - closures and such

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Asking for guidance - closures and such

Here is my lineup:

• Amex Platinum (100% keeping)
  • Amex Delta - $9,300 (100% keeping)
  • Marriott Rewards Premier - $18,300 (100% keeping)
  • Chase CSP - $16,700 (unsure, not using much but have no desire to close)
  • Citi Prestige - $17,000 (100% keeping)
  • Wells Fargo Cash Back Visa Sig - $15,000 (100% keeping)
  • BOA Better Rewards Cash - $5,000 (unsure due to lack of use, I only got this card to not have all eggs in one basket per se)

Of my current cards the least used for me is the CSP and BOA.  Should I just SD the BOA card since I have not used it since September?  The WF card is 100% for Amazon, Netflix, Uber, etc.

Or should I possibly seek a CLI on the BOA and use it more than I currently do? 

If it matters I have zero plans on any new credit of any form this year.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Asking for guidance - closures and such

It's up to you to deterimine these things.  Consider the info in the Closing Credit Cards thread linked in the Helpful Threads sticky.  However, there are lot of subjective matters and only you can weigh in on those.  If you intend to SD then make sure you can actively monitor the account.  If you can or will not then consider closing the account.

Message 2 of 5
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Agree with takeshi74 that you have to make the determination about closing the accounts or not.  As an example, if you are getting what you want from the BBR (presuming that it is the $25 or $30 per quarter rewards) then I would keep it with CLI.  If you are using it for other purchases then perhaps a CLI is in order.  If not using it at all then closure may be appropriate.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're not using the CSP, one think you might consider is PCing it to a Freedom. That way, you get rid of the AF, keep the good line of credit, open it to potentially new uses that aren't covered by your other cards, and have the option of picking up a new CSP with the bonus down the line, should you change your mind.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If you're not using the CSP, one think you might consider is PCing it to a Freedom. That way, you get rid of the AF, keep the good line of credit, open it to potentially new uses that aren't covered by your other cards, and have the option of picking up a new CSP with the bonus down the line, should you change your mind.

I am so glad I posted this because this idea had not occurred to me at all.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.