Did you mean: 

Assistance in understanding this letter from CapOne

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Assistance in understanding this letter from CapOne

@Anonymous wrote:

@resilient wrote:
no offense taken jfriend33. I got my discover card a year ago, so unfortunately I don't qualify for the double cash, smh. With Citi, I just applied for the Sears MC a week ago and was approved, and I think I may be at my max with them; they gave me $6k. I'm in the Army, and I also applied for my government travel card with Citi within the same month, so that could've had something to do with it. I really just wanted the QS to have a good CapOne card. I was hoping they'd convince me their name wasn't Crapital One anymore lol

Good I was worried, lol.

If I were you...and this is a stretch... but unless you really really really want and need it, and want 100% certainty to have a card you can max out no ifs ands or butts....otherwise, you have a GREAT selection...CSP, SPG, couple Amex, bangin' 38k limit, etc.

Id go thru each card, see if u can get all aprs lowered if they arent in a promo.

You may benefit from a chase freedom when the signup bonus is 200-300 and send those as UR to your CSP....I kinda like how those two work together despite my hatred towards chase.  not sure how many new accounts you have or if that would hinder your ability to get a freedom though.

Jealous of that walmart discover, wish I had one for sams...

Sorry, not to sound judgy or anything....but ya, they denied you, forget them!

Jfriend33. They got rid of the walmart Discover last August. Does not exist anymore. It is now a mastercard. looks like he just did not change siggy.

Message 31 of 39
resilient
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@resilient wrote:
no offense taken jfriend33. I got my discover card a year ago, so unfortunately I don't qualify for the double cash, smh. With Citi, I just applied for the Sears MC a week ago and was approved, and I think I may be at my max with them; they gave me $6k. I'm in the Army, and I also applied for my government travel card with Citi within the same month, so that could've had something to do with it. I really just wanted the QS to have a good CapOne card. I was hoping they'd convince me their name wasn't Crapital One anymore lol

Good I was worried, lol.

If I were you...and this is a stretch... but unless you really really really want and need it, and want 100% certainty to have a card you can max out no ifs ands or butts....otherwise, you have a GREAT selection...CSP, SPG, couple Amex, bangin' 38k limit, etc.

Id go thru each card, see if u can get all aprs lowered if they arent in a promo.

You may benefit from a chase freedom when the signup bonus is 200-300 and send those as UR to your CSP....I kinda like how those two work together despite my hatred towards chase.  not sure how many new accounts you have or if that would hinder your ability to get a freedom though.

haha, I'm not mad at me for denying me, just wish it was an approval. My BofA was a consolidation of two cards, my Ritz was combined with my CSP, which I just closed today because I hadn't used it in forever. I had the Freedom a couple of years ago, but I closed. I really don't have a strategy, you could say. My Walmart MC goes from $7500 to $1024; I keep forgetting to charge something on it monthly. I'm using it for my razor purchases now.

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 32 of 39
resilient
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@resilient wrote:

Good I was worried, lol.

I've also started the APR lowering frenzy...AmEx has been the most receptive so far. Then Citi.

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 33 of 39
resilient
Established Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@resilient wrote:

How the army has changed. We never had a travel credit card. Lmao. But I'm from a time just before mre's. C rats. Smiley Sad

Whoa! C rats! I've heard of them before but never seen em Smiley LOL I haven't eaten an MRE in about 3 years though... We usually get lucky enough to get Jimmy Deans!

Message 34 of 39
resilient
Established Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@resilient wrote:

Good I was worried, lol.

Jfriend33. They got rid of the walmart Discover last August. Does not exist anymore. It is now a mastercard. looks like he just did not change siggy.

Thanks for reminding me; I'll change it now.

Message 35 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@resilient wrote:

Why wouldn't you qualify for DC after getting your Disc after a year ago?

Message 36 of 39
resilient
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@resilient wrote:

I thought the offer said for new card members....maybe I didn't read it right.

Message 37 of 39
taxi818
Super Contributor

@resilient wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@resilient wrote:

I thought the offer said for new card members....maybe I didn't read it right.

The Double cash back is not from a year ago. It is for new card members. I got my Disco a year ago too. However before june 20th. Many of us existing members passed the news on that we could get in with a call. Which most my fico members took advantage of. After june 20th. They slammed the Door shut on existing members. and said only new members could sign up for the Double Cash back

Message 38 of 39
resilient
Established Contributor

Around the same time I was in the field for a while....I guess I missed the boat....
Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.