Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assistance in understanding this letter from CapOne

tag
resilient
Established Contributor

Assistance in understanding this letter from CapOne

good morning all. In my last post, I was looking for and found the CapOne CEO email, and am still awaiting a response. Meanwhile, I received the denial letter via email, and I just want some opinions. Do you think I have a chance for getting my "ruling" overturned? But look at my 9 out of a possible 850! Robot surprisedimage.jpgimage.jpg

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Assistance in understanding this letter from CapOne

Well, those are some pretty tough decisions to recon. You may simply have "enough" overall credit in their eyes -- I always remind everyone that creditors do look at limits vs income and it can hurt future approvals.

Beyond that, I don't hear of many if any recons with Capital One, EO email or not. They just aren't much for recons since they are normally one of the easier lenders to get in with -- if you were declined by them, chances are your profile won't support any major approvals right now.

Anyway, my advice is simply to garden and let things age, but you also may consider that you may need to cut out a card or two, as like I said, overall exposure does matter too.

Message 2 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

That score is 900 out of 950, not 850

Message 3 of 39
resilient
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So they have a typo on their last page? It should say 950, and not 850?

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 4 of 39
resilient
Established Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

Well, those are some pretty tough decisions to recon. You may simply have "enough" overall credit in their eyes -- I always remind everyone that creditors do look at limits vs income and it can hurt future approvals.

Beyond that, I don't hear of many if any recons with Capital One, EO email or not. They just aren't much for recons since they are normally one of the easier lenders to get in with -- if you were declined by them, chances are your profile won't support any major approvals right now.

Anyway, my advice is simply to garden and let things age, but you also may consider that you may need to cut out a card or two, as like I said, overall exposure does matter too.

Thanks for the response, and you're probably right. I'm near $100k income with almost $300k in credit, plus a mortgage and some other things. I'll be okay lol

Message 5 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@resilient wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

One of the two is a typo.  I'm not sure what scoring model CapOne is currently using but you can't have a score of 900 on a 850 model.  Do you know what your Fico 08 Experian score is?

Message 6 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! 900? Really? 

Message 7 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I saw that too and was going to comment on it, but you beat me to it Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 39
resilient
Established Contributor

Let me check and see if one of my CC gives me that score.

@Anonymous wrote:

@resilient wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

One of the two is a typo.  I'm not sure what scoring model CapOne is currently using but you can't have a score of 900 on a 850 model.  Do you know what your Fico 08 Experian score is?

Message 9 of 39
resilient
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@resilient wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

From FNBO's July 8 update, 756.

Message 10 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.