cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

At 6 months with Discover, should I ask or expect?

tag
codesingh
Regular Contributor

At 6 months with Discover, should I ask or expect?

Hey All,

So I reached 6 months with discover last week. Now what? Will they give me auto CLI or I should call?

Does discover give CLI at 6months with a soft pull?

History and vitals:

Discover More - Approved after ID verification(fax) in Nov 2012.

Last approval (chase) - April 16 2013.

Score across the board - above 740

Please let me know...Thx

Code

~ 100k in Rev CC. 15k Credit Line. 16.5k Car Loan(@1.7%) Starting scores: 690 EQ (Dec 2012) Mid-year FICO scores April ‘13 Pulled by lenders(Barclays, Amex): TU 747 • EQ 752 • EX 746 • Scores As of Nov 2013: 740 and above across the board.
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: At 6 months with Discover, should I ask or expect?

I got an auto cli of 750$ (went from $4k to $4750) a couple of days after my 6th statement.
If it's been a week or so, you prob wont get an auto. So I'd call. Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 2 of 24
CS800
Super Contributor

I have never gotten an auto from Discover. ?I called for a CLI back then and it was a HP on EQ. It was approved though.

Message 3 of 24
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

discover is very much YMMV, i was approved in july 2012 w/ 1200 line, a little after 6 mos got small auto luv to 1500 then @ 9 mos got another auto bump to 1900 and my usuage has been varied a min spend of 200 to a high of 1300+ when i was still at 1200 level but made multiple payments that month so i never went over hard limit. i usaully  pif and let statement cut w/ some amout showing, i say wait till your 7th statement cuts if you dont get it by then call and see whats up.  i remember when i got my first bump it wasn't right at the 6th statement it was a lil while after dont recall how long but it was long enough that i thought i wouldn't see any luv till i hit the 1 yr mark

Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 4 of 24
codesingh
Regular Contributor

guys...this is just the 6th statement that was cut last week. the number of months is still 5 and a 1/2 at this point. 

Regardless, I think I'll just hang on, won't call them because I really do not need the extra money.

If they have a sound system, I should be picked, I have all my vitals at optimum levels right now.

Util just got down from 3% to 2% across the board.

I have paid in full + 10% and never carried a balance with them in the past 6 months.

~ 100k in Rev CC. 15k Credit Line. 16.5k Car Loan(@1.7%) Starting scores: 690 EQ (Dec 2012) Mid-year FICO scores April ‘13 Pulled by lenders(Barclays, Amex): TU 747 • EQ 752 • EX 746 • Scores As of Nov 2013: 740 and above across the board.
Message 5 of 24
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Good luck! I got mine in Jan and I'm hoping for an auto CLI. They have been SP'ing me for the past 2mos - I hope that's a good sign.
Message 6 of 24
vish1
Valued Contributor

@codesingh wrote:

guys...this is just the 6th statement that was cut last week. the number of months is still 5 and a 1/2 at this point. 

Regardless, I think I'll just hang on, won't call them because I really do not need the extra money.

If they have a sound system, I should be picked, I have all my vitals at optimum levels right now.

Util just got down from 3% to 2% across the board.

I have paid in full + 10% and never carried a balance with them in the past 6 months.

I am sorry if I sound naive, but I can't understand what does this line (highlighted in red) mean.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 7 of 24
culture
Regular Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Good luck! I got mine in Jan and I'm hoping for an auto CLI. They have been SP'ing me for the past 2mos - I hope that's a good sign.

i sent you a pm Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 24
rogersave
Regular Contributor

My 6th statement is closing june 1st. I am hoping for some auto luv. Credit limit is 1700 now. I have let a balance report 3 out of 5 statements. This month I will PIF and see what happens.....

Equifax 712 transunion 693experian 673
Chase freedom 500 Chase United explorer 5000 Discover IT 13000 AMEX PRG npsl AMEX BCE 6000 CSP 12000.AMEX ED 15000 Citi Simplicity 7000
Message 9 of 24
john398
Senior Contributor

So you have $0 reporting on all your statements?  and if you are paying plus 10% that means when your statement cuts you have a credit balance?

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.