cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

At 6 months with Discover, should I ask or expect?

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: At 6 months with Discover, should I ask or expect?

So does discover prefer that people leave a balance or no? Advice pls! Debating whether to pif
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 21 of 24
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

zero balance in the best case.....they can see everything and it's pretty much on computer decision.......

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 22 of 24
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

there is no guarantee you will be eligible for a CLI with Discover. I tried it after my 6 months and was denied via SP becuase of a collection (my 51 dollar paid utility collection from 2011 of course)...score with the letter was 713. You can always request one with a HP if you are willing to take the hit. It has been YMMV whether it is best to keep a balance of PIF...have seen succesfull increases both ways.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 23 of 24
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

If I opened my account on November 1 of last year, should I just go ahead and press the button now?  May 1 woudl have been 6  months, but I was waiting for the 17th to come along since that's my 6th  statement date.  I made a 500$ payment to lower my UTL so that's why I was going to wait until the statement hit. Do I need to do that in order for them to see the change in my available credit, or do they automatically see it when the payment is made?

what do you think?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Amazon store $2500(10/12), Cap1 $1500 (10/12), Discover $1700 (11/1/12).
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.